Monday 11 February 2019

Winter butterflies

Well OK I suppose that's not really true as the butterflies are fast asleep as pupae in our gardens at the moment but that doesn't stop me dreaming of summer does it?

I have been really busy designing last week with the new Visible Image mixed media stamps and I have had a ball creating with them. They have now been released and are all all available to buy on the website here .When I saw this set with the lovely title 
I knew that a winter butterfly card would be just right for me to showcase them on.

I smooshed Wilted Violet, Mermaid lagoon and Pumice stone distress oxides onto watercolour card to made a wintry water colour background. 

First I stamped the butterflies directly on the card, shown above. Next I stamped some on white card and fussy cut them. I then layered them up. You will see that I also added some stitching to the edge of my card and glossy accents to the circles in the metamorphosis sentiment. I also die cut some silver cards using a mixed media die.

Here is my winter butterflies card...they almost look as though their wings are made of ice.


In these photos you should be able to see the icy glittery wings I gave them using a spectrum noir clear glitter pen. To add depth I placed some foam fixers under some of the wings too.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Craft stamper take it make it February
The crafty addicts 2/3 anything goes
As you like it 3/3 fave shape or fold and why Mine is a 7X5" card blanks as these are so much easier to display than square ones at Dotty's Tea House where I sell my cards.
We love to create 3/3 anything goes mixed media
Lil patch of crafting friends 3/3 anything goes
Crafters castle 3/3 anything goes
Penny black and More 3/3 anything goes with the option of tags
Addicted to stamps 1/3  anything but a square
Crafty friends 1/3 anything goes
Allsorts 1/3 winter sparkle

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

Next week I am sharing something very different with another set from the new mixed media stamp release....stay tuned.

Thanks for stopping by and for your very kind and supportive comments you take the time to leave me.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

16 comments:

  1. I love the idea of winter butterflies and your card is gorgeous reflecting the cold misty hues of the season. Love the contrast of the white icy butterflies and the flight path xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely creation Jane and two of my fav oxides combind here, thanks so much fo joining us at Allsorts and Penny Black and Morw challenges again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and unexpected choice of colors for a butterfly card. I love that they themselves stayed "white".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty colours and nice to see sparkly butterflies. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Butterflies and dreaming of summer is OK with me!! :)
    Love your little card, gorgeous summery colours!!
    Have a good week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous butterfly card, Jane. Spring can't come soon enough for me! Our recent snow covered our daffodils and snowdrops.. I hope they make it. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the colours that makes one think of snowflakes but the butterflies shows that spring is just around the corner. Great card

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous inky creation here Jane using your VI stamps. Many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More Challenges this month xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello… Thanks for joining our ‘Anything Goes’ challenge with your lovely card… great background. Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck!
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous background! I love the colors, textures, and dimension....and I love butterflies! Wonderful card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafter's Castle this month....good luck :)
    Hugs... Janie
    DT
    Crafter's Castle
    crafterscastle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful creation I love those butterflies and the amazing background thank you for joining our challenge at ADDICTED TO STAMPS
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow love your card, thank you for sharing with the DT from We Love To Create, hugs Terry xxx https://welove2create.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! Love that contrast between watercolour background and black&white butterflies. Great job!
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft Stamper blog challenge ❤

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Friends. Hugs Ela DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x