Thursday 13 November 2014

The Funkie Junkie's 12 tags of Christmas, Jane's Journal style; week 7

I have tried to get a little ahead with this week's project as I won't have any crafting time now until next week. This is because we have a real treat coming up tomorrow afternoon after work....Daisy is coming to stay with her Nanna and Granddad aka my Hb and I for the weekend! We are so excited. Her Mummy and Daddy are going to have a weekend away which they are also very excited about.

Everyone is welcome to join in with The Funkie Junkie 12 tags of Christmas challenge. It closes on 21st December by which time you need to have submitted all 12 creations using Linda's tags for inspiration. You can make anything at all. The full rules are over on her blog here . Linda offers 3 very generous prizes of gift vouchers to spend in her terrific on line shop, The Funkie Junkie Boutique. Do have a look at the link here . I am choosing to make 12 Christmas cards instead of tags.

This week's tag can be seen here. For my inspiration I wanted to use the Tim Holtz Gothic stencil as this is one of my favourites. I also loved her ornament stamp but I chose to use my Memory Box ornament die instead of a stamp. Linda also added some holly leaves too and I wanted to include these on my card. I decided to go back to some more traditional Christmas colours for my card.

I made a backing card using ice spruce, evergreen bough and pine needles distress inks and then stencilled festive berry DI through the Gothic stencil


I decided that I wanted to get some extra texture on my card so I pressed some embossing paste again through the stencil and sprinkled fine gold glitter on top.
After tapping off the excess this lovely sparkle was left behind.
Now that I had a festive background I die cut my ornaments and decided to have a play with alcohol inks. I have only ever used one colour before but I had bought some more with a challenge prize win so it was time for some inky fun. A couple of drops of festive colours....
 I added some gold too...........
 I then swooshed my die cuts through.................. and this is how my ornaments came out.

I had so much inky fun.................
I decided to mount a couple onto gold vellum and cut them out.
Then it was time to put on my creative hat and put together my ideas for my card. I decided this time to make a rectangular shape for a change and mounted it on Kraft card................here it is.
and a close up of the ornaments. The gold and green holly leaves are cut using my favourite Cheery Lynn die. The sentiment and little tag are both LOTV.
Below is a close up of the glittery background, it's all so much more sparkly irl. I struggle at this time of year to get the best light for my photos.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

The Funkie Junkie 12 tags of Christmas #7
Simon Says Stamp Ornaments
Merry Monday Christmas Ornaments
Crafting with the Dragonflies anything goes
Party Time Tuesdaysanything goes
Creative Card Crew Christmas joy
Christmas cards all year round no patterned papers
The Artistic stamper Christmas is coming
Jelly Park Christmas
Stamping Sensations simply Christmas
Inspiration Journal Happy Holidays
Winter Wonderland Christmas decorations
That Craft Place anything goes

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, we certainly will....filled with special Daisy time.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

24 comments:

  1. I still think you need to sell your designs to a big card company and make a zillion dollars!
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So creative and the people who recieve your cards will surely enjoy them. Have a good weekend with lil granddaughter. So special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the textures from the glitter and your baubles look amazing with the alcohol inks. Enjoy your weekend with Daisy.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you do have such fun with those inks, don't you Jane!
    You ornaments are brilliant, I love the colours in your card, they're a bit like the bunny I finished yesterday!
    Enjoy your weekend but somehow I think you will!!! ;)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work!!! Thanks for joining us at the simon says stamp monday challenge :) - Ashli

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning Jane, a wonderful design!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tag, thanks for sharing with us at Creative Card Crew with our Christmas Joy challenge hugs Tania (DT)xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great technique! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! Jane, this is utterly gorgeous. I love the background you created (the Gothic stencil being one of my favorites too!) but then when I got to your ornaments, I was blown away. They are WONDERFUL! That's a great ornament die and I love what you did with the alcohol inks, especially with the addition of the gold. Now you've got me wanting to run to my craft room and get out the alcohol inks and gold fixative! Thanks for the inspiration :)

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning!!! Love all the details and sparkle. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Merry Monday.

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane, Catching up on blogs and so happy I didn't miss yours!! That tag is so special! I love the ornaments and the coloring is so beautiful. Really love the pinky/purple and green together. Nice work Jane, I think you should win with all your tags....I vote for YOU! Hope it was a fun weekend with Daisy, xoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely GORGEOUS Jane!!
    Thank You~

    ReplyDelete
  13. So Elegant, Jane. It reminds me of an old work friend who loves purple.

    Have a happy and creative week. I know you had a great weekend with a special girl.

    Anne xx
    PC22

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lovely rich, textured effect, Jane! You are so productive making these wonderful creations.
    Wishing you a happy week.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the smooshing you have done here - so effective. A pretty card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing work as always Jane. So many different techniques and they work so well together. Thanks for joining in with our 'Christmas Decorations' challenge at Winter Wonderland this week, and good luck
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely coloured baubles - they would looks super hung on a tree, they look wonderful on your card too x
    Thank you for sharing at Winter Wonderlands 'Decorations' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a stunning project! I loved reading about how you did everything. Thank you so much for joining us at Crafting with Dragonflies! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great step by step! Beautiful outcome too! Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place. Erin xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card thank you for entering it in the Artistic Stamper Challenge. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful outcome, what mess we endure to create, lol. colours are gorgeous, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful creation Jane...thank you for joining in the "Happy Holidays" Challenge at Inspiration Journal ...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Jane, that is such a gorgeous creation! I love the colours you've used, they look so rich and sumptuous and Christmassy!Fab techniques too. Thanks for joining in with us at Stamping Sensations this month. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the embossing on this, it makes me think of fancy vintage flocked wallpaper!! Bethx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x