Wednesday 23 May 2018

Fun at Antonis Tzanidakis' mixed media workshop

2 weeks ago I travelled up to  Country View Crafts HQ to attend the Saturday workshop by Antonis Tzanidakis'

 For those of you who may not yet have heard of this incredibly talented man, he is a mixed media artist from Athens who travels the world to share his talents. For the first time I got to work with oil paints...incredibly messy but incredible fun! He really is a delightful person and like all Greeks has a very English sense of humour.
I attended both the morning and afternoon workshop. 
In the morning we made a 3D steampunk panel using some very cool techniques...I will obviously not share his teaching but these are a few of my work in progress photos. I started off with 2 completely bare boards and started to layer them up.






and this is my finished work.
with a close up
I would like to enter my mixed media wall hanging into the following challenges;

Mixed media world on Facebook May challenge
Emerald Creek Guy style
SanDee and Amelie's steampunk challenge May anything goes


In the afternoon we altered a book, mine was none less than Lady Chatterley's lover!!

 We altered a clay heart on the cover with lots of rusting techniques.
and this is my finished book; the cover...
and the inside.

I would like to enter my altered book into the following challenge
Mixed media Monthly challenge  Rust

It was a superb workshop, Susan of Country View Crafts was the perfect host. She offers lots of fab workshops..do check out the website here.

One last photo shows our group...lots of happy crafters here! Susan kindly allowed me to share this photo she took as we said our goodbyes.
Thanks for stopping by.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

6 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun day out!! Love your artwork....I actually didn't realise the scale of the work until the last pic!!
    Happy sunny Wednesday my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great workshop you all had! Your art piece is a real work of art to hang on your wall! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun. It looks like you had a special day with memories you can look at for a long time. I share your love of bluebells and really like your butterfly card too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was a great day and lovely to see you. We ended up with fabulous projects didn’t we. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had an amazing time with that guy! Love what he does and your make has turned out so cool! Thank you for sharing it with us at SanDee&amelie's Steampunk Challenges!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! it seems like you had a very great day. Many thanks for sharing with us SanDee's and Amelies Steampunk Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x