Sunday 5 July 2020

Keeping happy with Country View crafts

Hello I am back with my 2nd inspiration post for Country View challenges. For July the theme is "Do more of what you makes you happy". This is a pretty open theme and this could be a technique you enjoy, stamp brands you love, colours etc. Just let us know what you love to do when creating. The details and my teamies projects for more inspiration can be found here.

I am never happier than when I am making cards. Even though Dotty's teahouse is still closed I am still making them so that I will have lots of stock for when she is finally able to open again.
One of the rooms in the teahouse is Alice in wonderland themed and cards I make using this theme are always very popular. They certainly seem to make customers' happy!
Their Alice themed afternoon teas were legendary, let's hope they can get back soon.
So for today's post I am sharing a rather unusually coloured Cheshire cat to put a smile on everyone's face.
I worked with these 4 Visible Image stamp sets;
The Cheshire cat
The caterpillar
 and the sentiment from Dare to be different which Susan does not have in stock but can easily order for you.
This is what I got up to; I sprayed some green and a touch of gold inks onto mixed media card.
 I coloured my Cheshire cat very differently with watercolour pens and also coloured the mushroom from the The caterpillar set to co ordinate.
I stamped the treeline and branches from  Into the woods using Versafine Clair inks
 and then red embossed the sentiment from Dare to be different.
 I also added glossy accents to the eyes for extra shine.
 Here he is finished
with a close up

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Creative fingers 3/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday bright and cheerful
Crafty sentiments 2/3 anything goes
Crafty cardmakers 2/3 make your own background
Fab n funky 1/3 sunshine colours
A bit more time to craft anything goes
Creative Inspirations 1/3 in the garden

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our July "do more of what makes you happy" challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 
You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing from CVC is free on all orders over £7.50! Once again all the details for the July challenge can be found here;

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Back soon

Bye for now

Jane x

13 comments:

  1. This one caught my eye straight away! Super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant background .... and I just love that cat!!! :)
    "Normality' is slowing returning and hopefully with everyone being sensible we can make more progress and your lovely tearoom can open soon.
    Happy Sunday
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool card! Thanks for sharing on how you made it 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like those trees. Good for you to keep working and creating a stash for later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow. What a great, vibrant, card. Love your background! Thank you for joining in with my challenge at Crafty Cardmakers this time...

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a striking card Jane, and I love how it came together. You must be really looking forward to Dotties opening again. Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun card. I love the cute images. Great scene and colors. The tea room sure looks like fun. Thanks for sharing over at Crafty Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers and A Bit More Time to Craft. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow..fabulous card Jane. Super colours. Love the tea room. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you coloured the background and the mushroom, Jane! I'll admit the Cheshire cat gives me the creeps though...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a wonderful creative card, thank you for sharing with us over at Creative Fingers. Hayley DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fabulous! Gorgeous background and I love your Cheshire cat .. brilliant!! Thank you for joining our Challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this card. The Cheshire Cat and the background you have created is just great. Thanks for taking the time to enter our challenge this month at Creative Inspirations and good luck, Jayne DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x