Wednesday 13 October 2021

A witchy take on the October Country View challenge

Hi I am back with my 2nd design team inspiration post for Country View Challenges.  The theme for the month is "autumn colours +/- Halloween. A nice easy one. For my first make I went with autumn colours so for this make I decided to get my Halloween spook on and go for Halloween.  As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website.  You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here. 

I decided to make a Halloween card and first I used my Halloween distress mica stains set on my Tim die cut numbers. I also die cut "shadows" in black.

I used twisted citron, wilted violet and pumice stone distress stain sprays to make a background. 

I stamped the fab Visible image witch and used the matching die to cut her out and also die cut her shadow in black. I coloured her with pencils.

Susan has the brilliant witch stamp set for sale here


and her matching die here

I added some Tim Holtz spider's web die cuts 

and some of his bats plus other die cuts to create my Halloween scene. 



Here is my finished card;
with a close up

and one final shot.


I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our October "shades of autumn/halloween"challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 
You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Once again all the details for the October challenge  here.

Susan has recently had a restock the awesome Visible Image stencils and stamps you can see them all here.  Remember that UK postage and packing from CVC is FREE on all orders over £7.50! 

I would love to see you over on Instagram where I share new creative makes nearly every day. This is my link/profile @jane.tyrrell
Sadly these days I just don't have the time to blog everything! 

Thanks for stopping by today.

Bye for now

Jane x


3 comments:

  1. Awe Jane, what a fun card, I love it!! :)
    Enjoy the rest of your week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh... I do love your background! I bet you think it's a shame Villainous Potion wasn't around when you made this card... It's a great Halloween card, Jane. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card and image. Perfect colours. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x