Friday 21 January 2022

Blow out the candles for Country View challenges

 Hi friends, I am back with my 2nd design team make for our January challenge over at Country View. The theme is "Your year to sparkle and shine". So we would like to see lots of bling, sparkle media etc. You can enter a maximum of  5 times and into a maximum of 10 challenges including ours. 

As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website.  You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here.

For this make I decided to make a sparkly birthday cake using the awesome Visible Image Blow out the candles stamp set. I appreciate that this set and lots of other are currently out of stock over on the website. Susan will be restocking very soon and if you add your email address she will contact you when they are back in stock. 

This set is just perfect for making quick birthday cards. This is the card for my husband's birthday yesterday as he loves chocolate cake so this is what I baked  made. This is what I got up to;
I used one of my distress ink shaving foam marbled background from my stash and dripped on some snow flurries distress mica stain. I love the sparkle you get with these inks.


I then stamped the large cake onto brown, blue inky mop up and white card and cut the parts out to assemble 1 cake. It's really useful doing it this way as you have 3 cakes to make up. Great instant spares for a quick birthday card.
I stamped the sentiments in place and stamped the candles in place. There is a lovely "glow" stamp in this set which gives a gorgeous outline to the candles. I added a little glitter pen to them and then it was time to assemble my cake
Here is it is;
You can see the Stickles sparkle I added to the icing, in the close up
and one final shot;
I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our January "Your year to sparkle and shine "challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 

 Once again all the details for the January challenge are here Remember that when you buy from the Country View Crafts website postage FREE on orders over £ 7.50 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Take care and stay safe.

I would love to see you over on Instagram where I share new creative makes nearly every day. This is my link/profile @jane.tyrrell
Sadly these days I just don't have the time to blog everything! 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


5 comments:

  1. What a great card for your lovely HB! :)
    Happy weekend my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background is perfect for the cake image, soft and blurry and I love your sparkly icing too. I'm sure your husband loved the card and the cake you made him...
    Have a great Sunday. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous card Jane, and a very useful stamp set to have in your stash! Take care and have a great week, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what an amazing card, full of sparkle and shine! The mica sprays, glitter pen and Sparkles are gorgeous - love it 😀. Thanks for the inspiration! Happy and creative wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x