Tuesday 21 November 2023

More upcycling for Country View Challenges

 Good morning I am here today with my 2nd design team inspiration make for our November challenge over in the new Country View Crafts Challenge Facebook group.  The monthly challenges are now being hosted over on Facebook as it makes it easier for everyone who wants to enter, to do so. You don't need a blog or an Instagram account, just head over to the group and join in with the fun! The link is here and if you are not already a member just request to join and we will love to welcome you over there. It will also be a place you can see Country View Craft products, the latest releases etc etc. We have a happy membership of over 230 crafters already and we are growing every day.

The theme for our November challenge is "Upcycling" or repurposing . So we would like to see you upcycle an every day object into something else. You can make anything you like. You need to use products or brands stocked on the website. You can enter up to 5 different projects. There is an amazing prize up for grabs for the randomly selected winner. You really don't want to miss out on this! As always the challenges are open internationally.

 I have added some live links to the Country View Crafts website where you can purchase some of the products I have used. If any items are out of stock just hit the email request button. 

I love my thin paint brushes and but they live in a pot with lots of other brushes and I often have to rummage for them when I am colouring.  So I decided to upcycle a jar for them to live in.

This is what I got up to;

I used an empty horseradish jar

Using these alchol inks


I swirled them around the inside of the jar to give a little colour.


Using Tim Holtz collage medium I stuck some of his fun Ephemera to the sides. I wiped the collage medium over the surface too as I wanted a waterproof coating for my jar.



I had some cord from a gift bag I had kept so I also upcycled some of that to cover the screw top area.



I then left everything to dry.

Here it is finished


with a couple of close ups





and one final shot.


So now whenever I want a fine paint brush they are all in one place!

I really hope that I may have inspired you to join in with the "upcyling" fun. Do head over to the challenge now being hosted on Facebook here.  This is the amazing prize one randomly selected winner will win! It's a Stamperia mould and retails at £19.99




Remember you can find me most days over on Instagram here @jane.tyrrell where I do share many, many more makes then I have the time to blog. 

Before I leave, I am running my 2023 Christmas card creative workshop at Dotty's Teahouse, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 3AE. The first date, Thursday 23rd November from 7.30-10pm sold out very quickly.
  I'm delighted that a 2nd date, THIS Saturday 25th November has been added.


 Booking are on Dotty's website here. We will be creating a stencilled moon to go into a distress inked starry sky and using Visible Image stamps create a magical Christmas card. If you would like more details please don't hesitate to email me. The cost is £30 and includes all materials, a Dotty's sweet treat and hot drink or mulled wine. Suitable for complete beginners or those with some experience. 

The samples I have made are below;

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x






1 comment:

  1. It looks great Jane ... love how you used the cord too. :)
    Enjoy your week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x