Wednesday 8 November 2023

Snuggle up in your Christmas jumper with Visible Image

Good morning...brrr the weather really has become more wintery hasn't it. Winter is definitely fast approaching. I kept this in mind for my fortnightly blogged design team make for Visible Image and decided to make a card using the awesome

Christmas jumper





to make a Christmas card. Now is a really good time to start getting your Christmas card stash made and this card is quick to make and even to batch make. 

This is what I got up to;

I stamped the jumper, adding the snowman and Let it snow sentiment inside, onto white card. Using the coordinating die I cut it out.  I also stamped 2 more "let it snows" onto a scrap of white card and cut them out.

Using distress pencils I added a little colour. I then added some glitter pens details to the snowman which you will see in the final photos.

I used a square of card with some inky left overs on and using Glitz craft glitter paste, spread it through the multiverse stencil to make this frosty background.


I distressed the edges of the sentiments and the background using my Tim Holtz  distressing tool. 



adding some ink around the edges to make them pop.

I matted the the background onto white and then blue card

I then adhered my design in place adding Stickles glitter glue for extra detailing. 

Here is my finished card;


with a couple of close ups to show the sparkly details




and1 final shot


All the Visible Image links are listed below;

 Our kind, friendly and supportive customer Facebook Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you join us.  You will be warmly welcomed and see lots of inspiration from the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I also organize a monthly artist trading card swap in the group.  We celebrated 2 years of swapping in May. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. Over 150 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details and sign up for each swap are posted in the group on the 23rd of the month. The December sign up will open in the group on 23rd November.  There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time and if you live in the UK can you choose to post to the UK only if that suits you best.

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here. 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog. 

+++++***EDIT*** The workshop on 23rd November below  has sold out so a new date is being added; Saturday 25th November. All the details remain the same.+++++
Before I leave, I am running my 2023 Christmas card creative workshop at Dotty's Teahouse, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 3AE on Thursday 23rd November from 7.30-10pm. It's nearly full so if you would like to come please don't delay booking on Dotty's website here. We will be creating a stencilled moon to go into a distress inked starry sky and using Visible Image stamps create a magical Christmas card. If you would like more details please don't hesitate to email me. The cost is £30 and includes all materials, a Dotty's sweet treat and hot drink or mulled wine. Suitable for complete beginners or those with some experience. 

The samples I have made are below;

Back soon, 

Bye for now
Jane xx

1 comment:

  1. Great card Jane, love the colours ... just pretend snow though! ;)
    Enjoy the rest of your week lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x