Wednesday 19 June 2024

A dragonfly day for Visible Image

 Hi everyone and welcome to my fortnightly blogged design team post for Visible Image. The Summer solstice tomorrow and is officially the first day of summer. For today's make I thought I would share a very summery card; evocative of the long hot summer day's I am still hoping we will enjoy. The last few days have warmed up nicely and I recently saw some dragonflies around the pond in my son's garden. They are such magical creatures. 

 To make my card I used all the stamps in the beautiful Live in the moment stamp set. 



This set is a perfect for summer cards and projects and the sentiment reminds us to make the most of these long summer evenings and warm days we will hopefully enjoy. I also used the uber versatile 

Lava stencil.

 I have used this stencil for so many themes; from alien planets and clouds to shadows on the moon. This time I have used it for the reflection on the water.  I used a rectangle  of white smooth card.

First I stamped the sentiment using Nocturne Versafine Clair ink (used for all the black stamping on this card) and clear embossed it. Then I blended these 3 distress inks through the stencil onto parts of the card.


I placed the stencil in different places around the sentiment.



In the bottom right hand corner I stamped the large dragonfly and clear heat embossed it.


I stamped one medium and 3 small dragonflies in the same way above the sentiment.


I stamped the ripples stamps in the set using Warm Breeze Versafine Clair blue ink and then added some sparkle to the wings using a pink glitter brush pen.

Lastly I added some of my signature sequins as a finishing touch. I matted onto blue card and then a white card blank. 

Here are a couple of close ups




and one final shot.


All the Visible Image links are listed below;


 Our kind, friendly and supportive customer Facebook Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you join us.  You will be warmly welcomed and see lots of inspiration from the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I also organize a monthly artist trading card swap in the group. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. Over 150 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started over 3 years ago. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details and sign up for each swap are posted in the group on the 23rd of the month. So the July sign up will be in the group on 23rd June. There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time and if you live in the UK can you choose to post to the UK only if that suits you best.

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here 

And shhh a little heads up that the awesome new Christmas 2024 stamp collection is launching very soon. Watch this space! 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell most days, where I share many, many more makes than I have the time to blog. 

Bye for now,


Jane x

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Jane. I love the stencilled background.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Jane, I do love a dragonfly ... we were watching some pretty damselflies at the river last weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Jane. I’d not really noticed this stencil but I love how you have used it here xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x