Saturday 13 July 2024

Stencil magic for our July CVC challenge

 Hello everyone, it's time for my first blogged design team make for our July Country View crafts challenge hosted over on Facebook. You don't need a blog or an Instagram account, just head over to the group and join in with the fun! The link is here and if you are not already a member just request to join and we will warmly welcome you. It is also be a place you can be the first to hear about workshops, the latest releases etc etc. We have a happy membership of over 330 crafters and we are growing every day. You can enter the challenges up to 5 times as you like as long as you use products or brands which are stocked on the Country View Website.

 The prize this month is no less than 

ALL 12 new distress spritz sprays. WOW!  How amazing is that?


I try to link up the products I use in my posts but obviously stock on the CVC website sells out quickly . Some may be out of stock when you click on the links. If they are just fill in the email notification and you will be emailed when they are back in stock. This is the link to the website   Remember that postage is FREE on all UK orders over £20. 

For July the theme is "Stencil magic" so we would like to see you sharing a project using at least 1 stencil. 

The stencil I chose to use is the gorgeous Painted Grid stencil by Visible Image.

I used it with their Resilient bonsai stamp set

 and an extra sentiment from the Affirmations set. 

Here is the card I made

and this is how I made it.


 First I played with the stencil and my new distress spritz sprays making a couple of background both directly spraying through and also using the ink left on the stencil to monoprint with. I also used the spritz with my distress stain sprays.

I ended up with these 4 backgrounds 


and chose to use the one below. It's difficult to see the shine but the spiced marmalade spritz really sparkles. 


I then stamped the bonsai in the centre of the card using Versafine clair Nocturne and clear heat embossed. I stamped the sentiments above and below the tree. 

I repeat stamped the dish onto kraft card using acorn ink adding the circle pattern in the centre and cut it out. 

I used my distress pencils to add some colour to the branches and also stamped the Japanese text using scorched timber distress ink. 


I decoupaged the dish and then matted my card onto black card and then a white card base. 

Here is my finished card again 

with a close up


and 1 final shot. 

I really hope I have inspired you to get out your stencils and have a play.  Our challenges are open worldwide.

Remember you can find me most days over on Instagram here @jane.tyrrell where I share many, many more makes then I have the time to blog. 

I will be back to share my 2nd design team stencil make next Saturday 20th July.

Bye for now,

Jane x

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous little card Jane ... what a fabulous prize too, all those colours!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x