Monday 29 February 2016

Special February birthdays to leap for

Happy leap year day!
My son turned 27 last Wednesday and was away skiing with his friends. Bear (his dog) came to stay and of course our Billy took residence upstairs for the week. It works well, we have a stair gate which stops Bear going upstairs and our Billy thinks that it is such a treat to sleep on our bed! He really is such a good dog..just such a big boy. He is also celebrating his birthday. My Hb and I shared the walking and I certainly did my 10,000 steps (and more) every day.

We enjoyed exploring all the local parks and I ventured further than I usually do by myself. We found quite a few swans on the local lake and they hissed hilariously at Bear. He would have loved to jump in the water but I kept him on a short lead at that point.

Here are a few photos of our sunny but chilly walks over the week.








He was also a great crafting buddy, what is there not to love about this lovely boy :0)


Happy birthday sweet Bear.


This was my boy on his birthday.....
I love this photo......he and his friends skied in some pretty wild conditions but wow such freedom. Nature at its wildest but most exciting and exhilarating. They are all very experienced and competent skiers. They covered some huge distances during the week and reached max speeds of 86 kph (53mph) with sustained speeds averaging at 48kph (29mph)..that's pretty fast eh!

For my card today I thought I would share the birthday card I made my dear son. No it's not a Christmas card, it's a snowy birthday card instead.
I was sent this lovely snowman stamp with my recent Rubber Dance stamps win. Thank you Bibi x. I coloured him with distress inks and added some DecoArt snow. The trees inside are Visible Image and I made an acetate window embossed with snowflakes. The tiny silver stars are Cheery Lynn and the sentiment is Tim Holtz.
I die cut the window and the little tree scene is stamped inside the card.



I based it on a similar card using embossed acetate I made for my Hb's birthday. My son really admired that so I thought I would use a similar design.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Pixie's snippets playground #218 I used snippets of silver card to make my snowflakes and sentiment and a snippet of card for my snowman.
Simon says stamp Wednesday  2/5 anything goes
Penny Black and More 3/3 anything goes with a stamp and a die
Whimsy Stamps 1/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Monday take a leap into the unknown this is the first time I have made a birthday card  with a snowy scene....I really hope my son would not thought that I had gone mad and thought it was Christmas. Luckily he saw the pun and really like it.
That craft Place 1/3 anything goes

The house is quite quiet now without our Big Bear but it's lovely to have our Billy reinstalled in his rightful place....yes he has his green chair back.


 Our pets are very special aren't they.

Thanks for visiting today and for the lovely comments you take the time to leave, I really appreciate them. It's still quite chilly but the sunshine today has been gorgeous and the daylight is increasing day by day....roll on spring. Nearly time to get my dancing shoes on ...it's week 3 of a waltz this week.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

16 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,
    What a sweet post full of love for your DS and Bear!
    I'm glad your son is safe, these numbers although extremely impressive have a tendency to scare me ;)
    Love your card for your son's birthday!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photos as always jane. i wonder what billy makes of bear.... he looks enormous to me! lovely winter birthday caard too. hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, your swan photos are GREAT! I never got that close to the Tundra swans visiting here. Bear is getting quite handsome and mature looking. The card is magnifique! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday to your boy, a snowy card is quite appropriate. And a happy birthday to gorgeous Bear too!!
    Billy seems really pleased to back in his chair, bless him!
    Enjoy your week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful birthday card, Jane! I think this is the first BD card I've seen with my snowman stamp, and I think it's a great idea to use it for a snowy BD celebration!
    Lovely photos from the park - nice to see spring has arrived with daffodils and green lawns. Still waiting for spring here in Norway ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab snowy birthday card 4 yr son who looks like he's having a great time. Your walk photos look lovely too.
    Have a great day x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous post Jane. Love all the beautiful photos and your snippets card is terrific! Just right for you son too :)

    PS, Bear can come and play in the Playground anytime!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the birthday card, so wonderfully winter fresh with the blues and frosty accents! The embossed acetate is genius, looks like a sheet of ice! Great pics, looks like your world is coming to life with springtime! Darling fur babies! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cat looks quite happy - it's always nice to get your bed back. Wonderful snowy Christmas Card and it looks to me like your son loves snow!
    Enjoyed all of your pictures today Jane!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really delightful snowy card Jane, many thanks for joining in at Penny Black and More challenge. Lovely Nature photos as well, always a joy to see Spring coming to life.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. great photos and a lovely card...the glitter is soooo fun and sparkly! so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is absolutely beautiful Jane. He's a super snowman image.

    I enjoyed looking at your photos. What lovely pictures of Bear. He seemed very interested in the swans. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A gorgeous and fun Christmas card Jane. thank you for joining us this month at Penny black and More and good luck in our prize draw.

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous post! Love all the pictures! What a pretty Christmas card. Love the snowman and and the wonderful snowflakes. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful photos, Jane! Love your pets! And gorgeous creation this month for our Penny Black and More challenge, thanks so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  16. More great photos Jane and I love your festive card. Makes me want to start on Christmas crafts. Thanks for joining in the challenge at That Craft Place and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x