Thursday 23 March 2017

Magnificent magnolia

I am lucky enough to have a magnolia tree in my garden. It was here when we moved in 34 years ago and over the years we have kept it quite contained with an annual severe prune. Despite keeping it pruned, every year I get a magnificent display of flowers. This week I noticed that the flower buds had started to open.

 They are such showy flowers...gorgeous.
As my magnolia was flowering I decided to go in search of the other magnolias I know in my locality. Sadly 1 had been massively pruned this year so had few flowers but another  I I know of looked stunning.

Just look at these beauties.



A neighbour also has a gorgeous camellia in flower.
I also noticed in my garden that the flowering current was also in bloom. What a cheerful sight this is.

This weekend it is Mother's Day so my card today is a Mother's day one I made for Dotty's. I used one of my popular Nicecrane digi images as the focal. My visible image stamped butterfly and gem in the centre of my Cheery Lynn flower die cut add just enough bling to my very vintage scene. The stamped sentiment is Clearly Besotted. I think the backing paper is Craftwork cards...?

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Pixie's snippets playground #273/274 I used lots of snippets on my card.
Simon says Stamp Monday Layer it up
Simon says Stamp Wednesday more than 1 die I have used 4 here!
Squirrel's not so random challenge spring fever
The Ribbon girl 1/3 any image
Craft Heaven keep calm and love spring
Noor spring
The butterfly challenge R is for repeat/and or the night sky I have gone for repeat...the butterflies are repeated many time on my backing paper.
Crafty Hazelnut's Paper challenge March

Another week is nearly at an end and what a week it has been. After my very sad Monday there was all the trauma yesterday of the terrible terrorist act at Westminster. How my heart goes out to those totally innocent victims and to the brave Policeman who gave his life to protect others.

I am finishing my week off by seeing my darling BF today, Daisy and Co tomorrow for lunch and Saturday; as a belated celebration of my DD's birthday. It will be a wonderful way to end the week on a more positive note and in defiance at those who want to terrorise us here. Life will carry on. Love will conquer hate.

Have a lovely weekend when we get there. Thank you for the really kind comments you left for me on my last post. I so appreciated them.

Back soon.

Bye for now,

Jane x

18 comments:

  1. Lovely card Jane.....and stunning photographs. Things are not quite as advanced up here in the cold north. magnolias seem to open out beautifully here and then along comes a frost and bingo...ruined! Hope you enjoy your weekend and celebrations.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Magnolia is a beauty. A neighbour here has one the same colour in their front garden. We have a lot of blossom trees out in flower ranging from white to deep pink around the area too. Spring has arrived at last if not the weather to match it. Your card is very pretty and the butterfly design paper is perfect for my butterfly challenge. Thank you for fluttering into the garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! such a pretty card :) i love the background
    cheers
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so full of nostalgic whimsy. I love it! I love your flower pictures also and looked out my work window and just see grey and brown-bleccch. I am so sorry for you to have to go through such a horrible week. I listened to your PM this morning and loved what she said about the policeman. This type of hatred and malice never wins...just look at history. Hope, strength and love always seems to win out. i would say to keep looking at the flowers because they are so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magnolias are so beautiful, I loved seeing all your gorgeous pictures of these glorious trees in flower! The card is very sweet and I love the soft vintage style.
    Such a shocking and sad day for lovely London yesterday x
    Hugs Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little vintage image on your card Jane. :)
    I've seen so many magnolias online this week...makes me want one of my own!! I do have a flowering currant though and it's beginning to bloom which is lovely!
    I feel so sad for London and for those poor families who have suffered so much!
    Take care lovely and have fun with your girlies,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous flowering trees Jane! The colors are so invigorating, something we all need. Love your sweet card, so perfect for the occasion. My heart and prayers go out to London and all the innocent people. xoxoRobin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card, great paper. Thanks for joining us at CHNS patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the card with 5 children.. and lucky you to have the beautiful Magnolia in bloom. We have a Star Magnolia but I would love to add a big pink one. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hellodear Janem

    That card is so sweet, I think I have said this earlier, but your vintage-style cards are perfect! And that magnolia, stunning! Sending love&warm thought all the way to London, thinking of you!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  11. The magnolias are stunning as is your very sweet card. Hope you have the most wonderful weekend after the week its been for you. Huge hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The flowers are so beautiful. I'm looking forward to getting some in my yard too. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Wishing you happy thoughts about good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow! your magnolia's are beautiful !!! lovely card too :) thank you for playing along with us at simon says wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Jane, beautiful pictures of your Magnolia - they are so lovely are n't they.
    Your card is also lovely. The vintage image is gorgeous and I love your card design. Thank you for joining us this time at The Ribbon Girl.
    Sue...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Jane, We have been thinking of London !! What a tragedy. // Enjoying the magnolia photos and a very Happy Mother's Day for you, your Mum and daughter.

    See you here and on IG!! xx
    hugs,
    Anne
    PlumTrees22

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow the magnolia pictures are amazing. Your card is stunning, love the vintage image and the vibe you gave it. It's just gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMGoodness Jane, the magnolia's are just stunning!!! I wish I had one, we are colder here and they often get "nipped" by the cold around here so rarely get to see their beauty for long. Your garden's tree's are just stunning. I love your mother's day card too! I love the vintage feel with the image and love your choices of dies, the butterfly just pulls it all together-love that butterfly! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not only have you creative talent in making you also have a fabulous eye for taking photo's too. I now need camellia and magnolia flower stamps Jane! They are flowers that I haven't learnt how to draw yet and your photo's are prodding me artistically lol!
    Beautiful card, love all the elements and layers too x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x