Thursday 17 August 2017

August brings the sheaths of corn

There is a very slight nip in the air in the mornings heralding the feeling that summer is starting to come to a close. However during the days we are still having beautiful warm sunshine. 

The new varieties of begonia I bought are still flourishing and providing gorgeous shades of yellow in my hanging basket.
My gazania shine out..such sunny flowers.

I even caught a busy bee at work
I used these colours as the inspiration for the August page I made for my art journal using the words from the Months Poem by Sara Coleridge.

August brings the sheaths of corn,
Then the harvest home is borne.

I chose several yellow and orange distress inks and made an inky background, just roughly blending some of the lighter colours.
I added  some leaf stencilling and some rays of sunshine.

I choose an assortment of stamps to choose from. 

I needed to add a tractor to my page and as I have no tractor stamps at all I improvised.
I stamped the vintage Tim Holtz car.
 and die cut some cogs...you will see how I made these into a tractor all is revealed in my final photo
I stamped my Paper Artsy girl as my focal to represent my "Harvest home"
I die cut some foliage and arranged it so that she was hiding in the field. I then masked her off adding a small edge to give her a halo effect.
I then added some brown spray inks and a touch of gold liquid acrylic ink to finish off.

 Here is my finished page.
A few close  ups...first my tractor...well I think it just passes as one 😉
and my harvest home
 this is such a great stamp...my harvest home is peeping out from my field of corn.
My page was made for the following challenges

The Craft Barn month challenge August (complete with tractor 😉)
Craft Stamper take it make it 3/3 August anything goes
Frilly and Funkie 1/3 on the cutting edge
Dies R us anything goes
We love to create 2/2 anything creative/mixed media
Stamps and stencils technique school
Fashionable stamping 2/3 use your inks anyway you like
Stamping sensations 3/3 anything goes 
Emerald Creek Dares 2/3 anything goes
Happy little stampers 1/3  anything goes with dies

I hope you have enjoyed a productive week? I have been very busy in my studio working on some designs for Visible Image for their next Create and Craft TV appearance. These shows are on Friday and Saturday 8/9 September. There are also some top secret brand new things to share.....some sneak peeks will be coming very soon....be prepared to be amazed and delighted! There are also some brand new gorgeous Christmas stamps being released in September. Mrs Christmas here is a very happy bunny 😊

Thanks so much for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me. They are so appreciated.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

25 comments:

  1. Oh my...what a great adaptation of your vintage car......can you change a Skoda into a Mercedes..lol ??? brilliant page and yes I agree that Autumn is around the corner...summer never happened ...again (well here in the North anyway). I hate the dark days of winter and time is going way too fast for my liking. production here this week? NIL!! I am still savoring spending my win at CVC too much choice!...lol Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unicorns into Pegasus and now vintage cars into tractors....whatever next!!! :)
    Love all those colours although I don't want to think about harvest home just yet or C for that matter. I have to agree about that morning feeling through...can't say I like it. :(
    Happy Thursday my friend, we have sun....still summer!!! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jane, your Autumn scene is just beautiful! I love your use of die cuts, and that tractor is so creative! Thank you for sharing your amazing artwork with us at Frilly and Funkie, this time for our On the Cutting Edge challenge! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW what a beautiful autumn work of art Jane! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything using Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really love all the elements with the Harvest Home and turning the vintage car into a tractor. Very clever and very well done. Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your flowers are awesome.. love the Gazania! The card and colors you used are very evocative of Autumn. Nice job. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is so clever - love how you made the tractor! Thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your sunny colours in this post. The flowers are beautiful and your card is lovely...such clever effects. Have a happy weekend Jane. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are stunning, Jane,

    And you captured those late-summer shades in your card beautifully! We had a busy (yet maybe not so productive) week as children went back to school on Wednesday, and now it is time to start planning the autumn stuff. Enjoy your busy days!

    Happy weekend!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tractor is excellent as are the colours that are so reminiscent of the back end of Summer. Stunning photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love cool nights and mornings with warm days. May your garden continue to enjoy the nice weather too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful harvest home piece, I love the tractor, great adaptation

    Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG ... another fabulous project, full of detail, colour & texture. Have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your thoughts and ideas to make your page. Many thanks for again joining in with Love 2 Create Challenges 'Anything Goes' challenge. Lou (DT L2CC)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! So ingenious and creative. This is a fabulous page xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How glorious your floral photos are, Jane! Thanks for sharing the vibrant colors! And your projects look amazing! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning flower photos and then a stunning page to go with them. I adore all the layers, and especially the LP woman peeping through the undergrowth!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loooooove! I am wild about this! The colors, the depth, the sentiment. All such exquisite details. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, I so enjoyed this tutorial and your beautiful project. Congrats on being in the top 3 picks with us at Stamps & Stencils. Hugs, Autumn

      Delete
  18. Love this page. I love the way you adapted the car to make it into a tractor!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What an awesome page Jane! You did a great job with all that texture and layering... love the autumn colors! So beautiful! Thank you for playing along with us at Dies R Us challenges and hope to see you in the next one! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jo- DRU DT
    ♥ Dies R Us Challenges ♥
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fabulous page that perfectly reflects our challenge at Fashionable Stamping Challenge! Thank you for sharing it with us. Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous improvisation to create the tractor. All the elements come together so well and there is a real feel of Autumn being just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a fantastic project love the colors
    Thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great page with lots of happy colours. I love those big tractor wheels (a.k.a. cogs). Also love the die cut greenery that looks like it is blowing in the late summer breeze. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love all the elements in this! Great work!
    Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
    Susan
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x