Monday 16 October 2017

More warm autumn sunshine

Good morning, it's another marvellous Monday morning and I am back with my weekly dose of Visible Image inspiration. We are still enjoying a glorious autumn full of sunshine and rich deep colours all around.
The leaves on the trees are stunning

I am sharing a tag today which gives a nod toward Halloween but still embraces the rich colours surrounding us.
I wanted to use one of the older Visible Image stamp sets as it also reminds of the gorgeous woods we walk our son's dog Bear in.

I used

with one of the new release quotes

I also used the fibres stencil as it has such an organic feel to it like the branches of the trees.
This is what I got up to.
I took some autumnal coloured distress inks
 and using the wrinkle free technique inked up my tag.
I then added some extra colour using my stencil and some rusty hinge and wilted violet distress inks.
I die cut some leaves from inky mop up card, stamped them with VI words and added Crackle glaze to get that great crunchy leaves effect. I also stamped, embossed and cut up the Create to escape words so that I could arrange them on my tag.
I then put on my creative hat to put my tag together.

I placed one of the crunchy autumnal leaves into the beak of the bird. 

Here is a close up
I hope you are still being inspired by the colours of autumn too?

I would like to enter my tag into the following challenges;

Craft Stamper take it make it October
Happy little stampers watercolour challenge October
A vintage journey crazy for autumn colour
The ribbon girl 1/3 any image
Frilly and Funkie 3/3 'tis near Halloween
Penny Black and More 3/3 close to nature
Stamping sensations 3/3 autumn glory
Noor UK fall colours
Simon says stamp Monday not a card
Stamps and stencils 2/3 autumn

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:


Thanks as always for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave. Today, here in the South of England it might reach 22c but it will be the last day we see these temperatures again until next year. Spare a thought though for my friends in the west and particularly those in N Ireland, they may be feeling the tail end of Hurricane Ophelia later. Take care guys.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

18 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag, Jane. Love the rich colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderfully vibrant creation to welcome us on a Monday morning Jane, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations and Penny Black and More challenges.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those leaves Jane.....they could be used for all sorts of decorations, they are really pretty.
    Enjoy your 22C today, it's not cold here but then it wouldn't be when you're in the middle of a tropical storm which I now think Ophelia is! Truth is we're not actually in the middle of it yet, it's wet and windy but the worse is yet to come. My SIL has a day off as all the schools are closed as the worst bit is expected to happen around going home time, so I suppose its wise to keep the kids safe and as many cars and buses as they can off the roads.
    Enjoy your week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What super colours in your tag Jane. very autumnal. It's very weird here today after a lovely weekend. An ethereal glow in the sky but very dark and very still. Forecast gales later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos - and you can see the inspiration travelling into your tag. Love that stencil and the tree stamp is great. The words are brilliant too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this tag with the rich colours and I am loving those leaves. It looks like it was crackled but in the shape of the veins of the leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you have created your tag. The colours have worked gloriously together. Putting the leaf in the birds beak was a great idea.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag and I love the sentiment on it. I hope you win the competition! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful autumnal creation, love the mix of stamping and stenciling. Thanks so much for joining us this month at Penny Black and More challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane, your background alone is deliciously autumnal, but adding that stamping and those leaves takes this to a whole new level of richness! Love it! And thank you for sharing it with us in my Halloween challenge at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the colours on this fab tag. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black & More.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Superb tag with terrific detail. The colours are perfect too for our Autumn theme at Stamping Sensations. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic tag....Thank you for joining our challenge at Ribbon Girl.
    xxx Plony

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful tag, love the sentiment and that fab colour palette! Thanks for joining us at A Vintage Journey, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful tag. Love the black on the bright colours. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  16. Back again to say thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  17. A gorgeous colourful tag Jane! Love the sentiment too! Thank you for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x