Wednesday 18 October 2017

A Bear hunt in the woods

As promised our lovely weather continued at the weekend and on Sunday it was so mild that we took our son's dog Bear out for a walk in our local woods.
There were just the odd shafts of sunlight through the canopy.

I also had time to make my next Calendar page for my art journal and took my inspiration from our Bear hunt. For this month the lines from the poem by Sara Coleridge are

Brown October brings the pheasant,
Then to gather nuts is pleasant

I loved seeing the sweet chestnuts and acorns hidden on the floor of the woods among the leaves.


Out came all my brown distress inks
I blended some colour on my card and then added more with my VI fibres stencil
I then added some stamping with distress inks as I wanted this to eventually blend into the background like the nuts on the floor of the woods.

I then added my bird from the VI Leave your fears set.
Again I used distress inks
Once I was happy with the background I gently sprayed vintage photo and tarnished brass over the whole piece to blend this all into the background. I wanted the birds to represent pheasants emerging from their cover. I also used some tree, leaf and bird die cuts.

Here is my finished art journal page
and a couple of close ups


I would like to enter my page into the following challenges;

The Craft Barn calendar challenge October (I have just realised that I used the word brown rather than fresh....I must have found a slightly different version on the Internet! I hope I can be forgiven!)
Happy little stampers watercolour challenge October
A vintage journey crazy for autumn colour
Noor UK fall colours
Creative Artiste 3/3 anything goes mixed media  I used distress inks, sprays and crackle glaze on 2 of my leaves in the corner
Sparkles monthly 1/3 autumn colours
Dies R Us 1/3 leaves
Creative Moments 1/3 anything goes

Thanks so much for stopping by today and enjoy the rest of the week. I will be back on Friday with my mid month inspiration for STAMPlorations.

Bye for now,

Jane x

16 comments:

  1. You obviously had brown on the brain but I love what you've created. Great photos too of your walk in the woods. Its a lovely autumn isn't it! Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are awesome and love the card! Beautiful composition! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Leaves’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just gorgeous! LOVE how you created that beautiful background and adding the black dies just made everything pop! I'm so glad you could join our "Leaves" challenge at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos and page dear Jane!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so lovely Jane.....I just love those colours, so apt for this time of year!
    Bear is such a handsome chap!
    Enjoy whats left of the week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! First, Bear has matured into such a handsome dog! And that card is really a work of art! I would frame it in a gold fancy baroque frame and have it out each autumn! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane, I can almost feel the crisp air, hear the birds as they fly from their cover, and smell the musty aroma of the woods as I look at your card! Gorgeous fall color and a lovely design! Thank you for playing along in our color challenge at A Vintage Journey! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS your photos are lovely! And Bear is a gorgeous Shepard!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a stunning card! The colors are gorgeous. Also Bear is a Beautiful dog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card! You have really captured the leafy feel of autumn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great page, love all those autumnal colours. Love those photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bear looks like a splendid creature to go for a walk with! Love your page - so clear how you took inspiration from your forest wanderings - and the swirl of movement and fabulous blending of colour from dark to light make this really special.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful work, I love the silhouettes on the browns, very rich and autumnal. Those are splendid photos of your October walk in the woods too. I really enjoy seeing your photo inspiration with the artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful page - I love it! thank you for joining the Craft Barn Month Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous card. Thanks for sharing the details and for joining in the fun at Sparkles Monthly Challenges. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x