Saturday 14 October 2017

Bulb planting

This is my second post today. You can see my first one here. As I mentioned I managed to do some gardening this morning and I planted up some bulbs.

I topped the pots with some little violas which will give me some winter colour until my flowers emerge next spring.
I am back with my week 2 Funkie Junkie card....if you missed week one you can see it here.

If you would like to play along you can see all the rules here. There are some great prizes for the winners too. You could win a voucher to spend in the The Funkie Junkie Boutique  who is sponsoring the challenge. Linda shares a tag each week and you just have to take something from it and make anything Christmas themed. I have always chosen to make cards and it's a great way for me to make 12 very unique cards for Christmas.

You can see  Linda's 2nd inspirational tag here
I decide to use the lovely vintage Santa image, stars and the colour scheme as inspiration for my card. I added my stars to my background with embossing paste. I then made an inky background blending distress inks and then adding a spritz of water.
I stamped one of my favourite Tim Holtz  Father Christmas stamps and gave it some aging with distress inks and distressed the edges too.

Here is my finished card complete with book pages and a sentiment.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

The Funkie Junkie week 2
Craft Stamper take it make it October
Let's craft and create 3/3 anything goes
Sweet stamping sparkle and shine
Happy little stampers watercolour challenge October extra twist gold
ABC Christmas U unlimited, V vibrant I went for U unlimited ie anything goes
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge #355

So yes I have 1 more to catch up with and I will be back very soon with number 3.

Back in a mo!

Jane x

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for entering more of your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 355 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay - not just tidying up, but planting too - busy woman! Love your layered take on tag 2 - that Father Christmas collage is wonderful.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really adorable this vintage card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft & Create, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is wonderful. I love the wonderful Christmas collage and the torn book page behind it. The gold stars set it off perfectly. I think Wendy Vecchi's gold embossing paste is fantastic - such a beautiful gold shine to it Amazing to see you gardening at this time of the year. We are going dormant over here. I'm already thinking of having to protect my plants from frost - LOL.

    Hugs
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh those bulbs are gonna be lovely! Lovely card too! I love the pattern you have added too! Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x