Friday 19 January 2018

My new friend

It's time for my mid month design team inspiration for STAMPlorations and before I show you my card I would like to introduce my new friend brought for me by Santa aka my Mum and Dad for Christmas.
Meet my Brother!
My old machine was bought for me for Christmas when I was 11 so it had a lot of use. I used it to make clothes when I was younger, my bridesmaids' dresses, fancy dress for Daisy and most recently for card making. The problem with it was the weight. I could barely lift it and it meant that I rarely got it out. My new Brother machine is perfect for me. Nothing fancy but perfectly usable for occasional sewing and for my cards and so much lighter...no more needing a crane to move it!

I decided to christen my new friend when I made this 2nd design team inspiration card for STAMPlorations. To join in with the challenge you can go with the theme or ditch the theme and go with the sketch.
This is the theme
and the awesome sketch.

You are also most welcome to combine them both. All the details are here.

I went with the sketch again and this is what I got up to.
I used the Christmas tree 1 stencil
a sentiment from the
fond expressions 2
and the fab birds from the
trendy birds 2 stamp set.
I used the stencil on its side so that it looked more like arrows (it's an awesome Christmas tree usually)
 Out came my "Brother" and I stitched between the stencilling to make the sketch background. I also stitched around the edges.
 I inked up some card and stitched around that edge too.
I then used my Trendy bird set to finish off my card.

 Here it is

 This has gone down to Dotty's tearooms in Carshalton where my cards are sold.

I would like to enter it into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday add a sentiment
Let's Craft and Create 1/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Monday birds of a feather
Fussy and fancy 3/3 distress it I have used distress oxides and also distressed the edges of the focal.
Fashionable stamping 2/3 anything goes
Noor UK anything goes
Crafty Catz 1/3 anything goes

All the details can be found via this link, it would be lovely to see you joining us!

Enjoy the weekend, we have a very exciting one ahead as it is my Hb's birthday tomorrow and all our big and small babies are coming over to celebrate on Sunday.
I also have scheduled a post for Sunday as it is time for my 2nd dose of inspiration for the January County View Challenge.

Thanks so much for stopping by and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me.

Bye for now,

Jane x

17 comments:

  1. What an excellent pressie and I love your stitched card too...brilliant!
    Wishing M a very happy birthday for tomorrow (its my boys today, not quite the same with facetime :( )
    Have a great party weekend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have two Brother machines and they are amazing. Kind of like your cards:) I am having a Give-A-Way, you still have time to visit and get your name in the hat . . . please do:)
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Let’s Craft and Create challenge 133, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Jane. I really need a new machine, so will check out this model myself, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to your husband and have a grand day of celebration with all your kids and grands on Sunday! Such a nice gift from your parents. I love stitching on a card and that one came out fab! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a Brother too, quite old and sadly it never did anything as advanced as clothes! Great idea to stich the stripes, lovely card Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, Jane. Have fund with your new machine. My machine is so heavy, I rarely get it out now. Hope you have a great weekend with your family celebrating your husband's birthday. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, love the stitched elements to it and the trees look fab as arrows what a great idea, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty card :) Wishing you and your new friend many happy years and projects together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cool card! and so much fun you have done with it! :)
    Thanks a lot for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh love your new toy ! You will have many enjoyable hours with your new sewing machine ! You have made a beautiful card and I love your stitching.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an amazing way to create a background, it looks so cool and works so well with your matted layers and image! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card i stuggle with machine stitching thanks for sharing at crafty catz in our ATG challenge this week hope to see you again very soon and dont forget we have a GDT call for February

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful creation, thankyou for joining us this week at CRAFTY CATZ, hope you can join in again soon, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. a beautiful card, love the sewing, thank you for joining us at crafty catz challenge and hope to see you again soon
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW what a beautiful card! Congratulations on the new sewing machine.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
    Greetings Carola

    ReplyDelete
  17. awesome background. best wishes on your new machine. A great card.Thanks for playing along with us at Let’s Craft & Create challenge. Hope to see you again
    Shylaashree DT@LCCC
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x