Thursday 11 January 2018

A theatrical sample for Visible Image's brand new stamps release

As I promised on Monday today I am sharing my 2nd Design Team sample made with stamps from the brand new Visible Image release. If you missed my first post you can see it here. Over the next few days Helen will be sharing more of the new release over on Visible Image blog here. They will also be shared on their Facebook page here so don't miss out...why not like their page, click "get notifications" and you will be amongst the first to be able to see all the amazing work my fellow design team members have created for you. You will be blown away by just how unique this new range of stamps are. 

So to tease a little today before I share my card I dug a couple of my old books from the bookshelf...

I really smiled when I opened this copy as it was the only prize I ever won at High School...for Greek Literature..in 1976!! I love the Odyssey, my fave Greek epic.
Now here is another clue...a bit of intrigue
 and even murder perhaps.....😂

 and my poor Hb's old copy of a Tale of Two cities has pages missing.....

OK....I will let you in on the secret now and share my sample card made with another stamp set from the new release...this one is the awesome

Maskerade


I apologise for this very dark and blurry process photo..but this was taking pre Christmas when I was very busy creating on my kitchen work side. This is what I got up to. I creased and tore some paper and card, adding some pumice grey distress ink.

I also stamped some masks onto book pages from my A tale of two cities paperback,
I use book pages a lot in my crafting.
I cut out the just the eyes of the tragic mask and fussy cut both masks.

I then put all my elements together. Here is my very theatrical Jane's Journal Greek Tragedy

and a couple of close up of my grizzly card

and a side view to show all the torn and crumpled edges.

I even added a mask inside, just for a full theatrical flourish!

Booo!


I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Frilly and Funkie 1/3  3 is not a crowd I used 3 masks, 2 outside and 1 inside my card.
Pixie's snippets playground week 315/6
The Artistic stamper 3/3 anything goes
As you like it 3/3 anything goes
Craft Stamper take it make it January anything goes
Allsorts 2/3 Something new my new stamps!
Cute card Thursday 1/3 something new
The male room new beginnings I hope this is the beginning of lots of creativity with my brand new stamps!
Penny Black and More 2/3 something new  these brand new, never seen before stamps!

I hope you are enjoying seeing the samples myself and my teamies have made for this release. I have another to share on Monday. Remember to check out the Visible Image blog here to see all the samples shared this week.

Visible Image are launching the new stamps at Creativation next week and I am so proud that my some of my work will be travelling all the way to the USA to be displayed.


You can also check out Visible Image via these links;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide!

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:



and


The stamps are available to pre order on the Visible Image web site here from 12 January and will also be available to buy from all you favourite Visible Image retailers, world wide, very soon.

Bye for now,

Jane x


17 comments:

  1. Are you sure you didn't cut your finger in the kitchen Jane? A very theatrical card and the masks look good on the book paper. i could see them being a useful addition to Halloween too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous card Jane! It's very theatrical and the red drips down the back are spine chilling! Such a fun and creative card, love it!! I was always more of an Agatha Christie, Nancy Drew gal myself, but I did enjoy Phantom of the Opera. lol. sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great make Jane! Very exciting with all the new Visible Image releases this week. Love the theatrical feel of this one and perfect for our something new theme at Penny Black and More Challenges xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh very dramatic!!
    Such a shame you can't go with your samples. ;)
    Happy weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this looks amazing, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really striking creation for our themes and Penny Black and More and Allsorts challenges, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very dramatic card, Jane! Takes me back to my first reading of Shakespeare.. it was very hard to read and understand for me. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jane, I saw your card this evening on the V.I. Facebook live, it is even more gorgeous in real life, stunning!!!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow - how brave chopping up books like that. Stunning result Jane - perhaps I should stop being such a wimp - although I did buy an old dictionary a while back in the local charity shop I would bottle out at chopping up a school prize. :) LOVE the drama of the red!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is amazing Jane, I love that you stamped the masks onto old book pages (I keep 1 book just for this purpose too) I love to see book text added to cards, I haven't done it in a while but this is a great reminder of how great it looks!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful mixed media creation. Thanks so much for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is very theatrical, not just because of the masks but because of the colour palette. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful project, great ideas. Love the image and your colouring, a great project. Thank you for sharing with us at The Male Room New Beginnings Challenge. - Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool technique Jane! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Frilly & Funkie! Big hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card - very theatrical!! Sorry to be so late commenting on your New Beginnings submission, Deborah, DT

    PS That one is on my wishlist :) BTW - Love your blog header photo - we were at St Pancras at Christmas - so different to the last time I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, lovely stamp release.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black & More 'Something New' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous creation.

    Thanks for sharing at The Artistic Stamper.
    (Sorry it's a bit late...)
    Lisa - The Artistic Stamper Creative Team.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x