Monday 16 July 2018

Crabs in hiding

Good morning it's time for my Design Team Monday Make for Visible Image and today I am sharing an art journal page I have made for my holiday journal I am putting together after our recent wonderful Majorcan family holiday.
Daisy and I loved collecting shells from the beach but most were tiny. I did spot some bigger ones in the sea. However we soon found that all of them had brilliant hermit crabs in them...so we left them be and made do with small shells to decorate the sandcastles we built.
 We even built a moat which Daisy filled..but bless her she could not understand that no matter how many buckets of water she collected, no water stayed in her moat..bless!
But how about this for a castle, she was so proud.
So my journal page had to feature crabs and the sea. I reached for the brilliant crabs stamps from the Zodiac cancer set to work with.
 I used some "blue sea" distress inks and blended them onto some watercolour card as well as adding some "waves" and shafts of light using the ever versatile fibres stencil on its side.

 I stamped fibonacci
to remember the shells by and of course knew just the right sentiment to use. 
Good times from the No regrets set
We also saw lots of shoals of fish swimming in the sea so out came my fish stamps and bubbles from the dare to swim set

I also stamped and fussy cut the amazing camera from Capture the moment
So here are my crabs and camera ready to add to my page
and here is my finished page.
and as Daisy  loves to add wobbly eyes to things whenever she crafts with me I thought they would make a really fun addition to the crabs.
Here are couple more photos. I added some white pen highlights.

and one last one;
I would like to enter my art journal page into the following challenges.

Creative Artiste 2/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Monday summer fun
Fashionable stamping 2/3 use those inks any way you want to
Simon says stamp Wednesday fun in the sun
Not just cards 2/3 anything goes
Studio 75 1/3 summertime
Crafteezee summer

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:



and


If you follow Visible Image on Facebook you will have seen that there is a very exciting re release coming..with a slight twist.

Yes the characters from Wonderland are coming back with new sentiments and some additional little stamps. They are available for pre ordering from Friday...keep watching for all the sneak peeks and info over on the Facebook page here . I have been very busy over the last few days working on some samples and all will be revealed on the Facebook Live which is being aired on Friday.

Thanks so much for stopping by. The heatwave here continues and the heat over the weekend was quite incredible, it reached 36c on my patio and was far too hot to sit out in. I'm not sure how they managed to play tennis at Wimbledon!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

10 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous project! thanks for joining us at Studio75 Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a gorgeous page Jane, love the googly eyes on those crabs, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a brilliant sand castle.....and yes one of the most frustrating things about castle making is a disappearing moat!!! :)
    I love your crabs, I have to agree with Daisy wobbly eyes are great!!!
    Happy new week my dear, sunshine here again today after yesterdays drizzle,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW This is awesome!!!Love it!!! Such a summery and fun card! LOVE how you created the water! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello...your card is fab, thanks for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ this week. The sand castle looks fab also, x Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved seeing little Daisy Jane having fun in the ocean and the beach. Lucky girl to have such a good mom and grandmother to make sure she gets to do wonderful things. Love the card, too! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome love all the details
    Thank you for sharing at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everything looks amazing.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsArtwork.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The map really makes you want to spend a holiday by the sea, very imaginatively designed. Thank you for participating in the Fashionable Stamping Challenge.
    Crafty Hugs
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pięknie :) Dziękuję za udział w wyzwaniu Studio75. Pozdrawiam -Gosia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x