Thursday 12 July 2018

Wisley in the sunshine

In May I enjoyed a spring day out with my dear blogging friend Brenda at Wisley, the Royal Horticultural Garden in Surrey. We had such a lovely time that we immediately booked in our diaries our next meeting, which was last week.
The weather could not have been kinder. We had clear blue skies, sunshine and heat. I thought I would share some more photos to show how much a garden can grown in just a few weeks. There was such an explosion of colour.
If you would like to see my post from our spring visit you can see it here


The lovely Brenda.
It was so hot that we escaped into the greenhouses (seriously) 
and found that a new fuchsia exhibition had started. There were the most gorgeous varieties on show.
This unusual  variety was one of my favourites. 
 Many of the greenhouse exotic plants were also flowering. 





and how about this very snakey looking specimen!

We even had a visitor to our table as we sat outside and enjoyed our lunch.
After lunch we had a wander around the lakes

followed by a cuppa and a shop in the garden centre.
We had  a fabulous day out, Brenda is a such lovely company and as a fellow gardening fan we have so much to chat about. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we have put our next Wisely date into our diaries for September. Wisley will then be showing off her autumnal colours,

My card today was inspired by our sunny visit and is up for sale at Dotty's Teahouse.

 I made a sunny flower embossed background for my Lili of the Valley simply print digi image. The stamped sentiment is also Lili of the Valley. I die cut some foliage and a flower from snippets of inky mop up card . A bottle of champers seemed the right embellishment to add. Cheers!

I added some gold glitter the the centre of the flowers.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Pixie's snippets playground #330
Crafty calendar 1/3 totally girlie
Crafty Catz 1/3 anything goes/summer fun
As you like it 1/3 favourite occasion  for this card it is birthdays..what is more exciting than celebrating on your own special day and being spoilt.
Card Mania 4/5 anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday fun in the sun
Not just cards 1/3 anything goes
Addicted to stamps and more 1/3 birthday

Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind comments you take the time to leave me. I really do appreciate them. We are still enjoying the summer sunshine but it thankfully has cooled down just a little. I am off to catch up with my Mum and Dad today. Enjoy your Thursday.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

12 comments:

  1. Hi Jane,
    Just catching up with your recent posts! I especially liked your Sea Goddess wall hanging! Sounds like you've been having a hot summer, as have we. No complaints-it's so wonderful to get out and enjoy the beaches, and other natural spots!

    I hope President Trump doesn't cause too much trouble on his visit to the UK! Not likely...

    Jane T

    ReplyDelete
  2. What amazing fuchsias!! I love your little lunch companion.....I think he may have done that before! :)
    Your card today is so sweet, I love the little image!
    happy weekend my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at the Crafty Catz Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super photos Jane and a wonderful day out too! Love you snippets card, it's adorable,

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card and such pretty flowers. I'm glad you got to spend such a wonderful day with your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a darling image, Jane, and your embellishments fit with it so well. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely Birthday card and very welcome at AYLI. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos, I love fuchsias. A fab card too with the sunny yellow colour. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great make, I just love anything with mices on!

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'Not Just Cards' this month, I hope to see you joining in with us again
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very sweet card. Thanks for joining us at Card Mania Challenges. Good luck and hope you'll join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, this is my favourite LOTV image. Love your use of different textures to add interest. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar Challenge and good luck,
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pięknie. Dziękuję za udział w wyzwaniu Card mania ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x