Monday 30 July 2018

Shrinking Alice in Wonderland and my 1,000th blog post

Good morning today there is a real celebration going here....this is my 1.000th blog post ..wow! That is an awful lot of creating and writing since I started my blog 8 years ago.
 It's also time for Monday Design team inspiration for Visible Image and I am here with my 2nd Wonderland sample. This new release is going down a storm and today I am going to share my first make with the lovely Alice. 
After making my shrink plastic seahorse and jelly fish for my seagoddess wall hanging which I shared here I had a light bulb moment that Alice in Wonderland also shrunk when she drinks from the bottle to get small enough to get through the door to the garden. Out came my shrink plastic but this time I decided that I wanted to colour the image so I did this using pencil before heating it.

 Here she is cut out
 and then after shrinking
 I made a couple of shrunk Alice's and this shows her full size and with her shrunken self!
 They are such fun accents to make. 
I also made a background using the brilliant distorted chess stencil as this works so well with the Wonderland stamps.
I went with a black and white version using black soot distress oxide ink.
I coloured my Alice and a slice of cake with Promarkers. I stamped and fussy cut out the key and the potion bottle and added some glitter. I also stamped out her words.
Here is my finished card
with a couple of close ups trying to show some of the glittery finishing touches I added. You can see this more clearly, and all my Wonderland samples in the recent Visible Image video over on their Facebook page here.

 I mounted everything onto foam tape which gives this card a lot of depth.


The wonderful Wonderland release, including 2 fab new stencils, is available to pre order now from the web site here. Shipping is from 1st August.
There is also brilliant money saving offer running at the moment if you buy all 7 stamp sets...check it out 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

I love Promarkers anything goes
Simon says Wednesday anything goes
Creative fingers 1/3 anything goes
Cute card Thursday 1/3 too cute
Little Miss Muffet 1/3 anything goes
Crafty catz 1/3 anything goes

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group can be found here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all these gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

You can also follow via:



and


Thanks so much for stopping by and for your very kind comments..thanks to your support I have achieved my 1,000 post milestone. There are a couple of my loyal followers who have even commented on most of those 1,000 posts I have written. Bless you. Thanks everyone, I am truly grateful for your blogging friendship and loyalty.

 We had some very welcome rain this weekend, the first since mid June. My lawn might even start to green up again. However our summer heatwave is set to return this week and I shall continue to  enjoy my garden studio creating. Enjoy the new week ahead.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your 1000th post....always a pleasure to drop by!!
    What a fun card, love the sentiment, that could be me on most days!!! :) I love the shrinking Alice, that is actually the cutest Alice I think I've ever seen. Brilliant!
    Happy new week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Jane what a clever idea to shrink Alice...just like the story!...and the use of the checkerboard too. I'm not sure I really know who I am these days!..lol Congrats on your 1000 blog posts. There doesn't seem to be as much blogging around these days...everyone has gone to Facebook I think. Have a good week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW 1000 is a huge number...congratulations Jane and what a gorgeous art work..so many fascinating details ...especially the background
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on soooo many blog posts! Love your shrinky Alice. That background stencil is perfect for Alice in Wonderland. Bravo! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Jane,

    Wow wow wow: 1000th post! Congratulations my friend, that is one huge milestone! I still remember those days we started it all (and sort of miss it too!), and my blog has since gone quiet, so you are the queen of blogging, my idol really! Keep creating (and posting!) my friend, your cards and other creations are true gems!

    Have a wonderful day, many hot&sunny greetings from here!

    Yours,
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jane,

    Congratulations on your 1000th post. You are a dedicated blogger and always happy to hear some news from you.
    I love Alice in Wonderland and this is gorgeous.

    With every good wish for many more posts to come...
    Anne D.T.
    PlumTrees22

    ReplyDelete
  7. A HUGE congrats Jane on your 1,000 blog post! That is amazing, and well done!!! You always write so beautifully and show amazing projects.
    I've only just noticed that Alice has an evil side - the skull in her bow lol. Love it!
    Dot x
    Ink Art Designs

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute and clever card.. bravo, Jane! I'm off for Ohio.. won't be able to comment much, but will be back in 10 days. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card, I loved seeing your process. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Little Miss Muffet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Jane!!! I absolutely LOVE the whole design. of this! Alice is adorable and I love how you made a smaller version too, so clever!! Fab sentiment too. Altogether brilliant!! 💗

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jane, lovely creation, thanks for sharing with us at CRAFTY CATZ, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Jane. I love the mask you used for the background and so clever with the mini stamp. Congratulations on 1000 posts too.
    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at CRAFTY CATZ. Best of luck! Nick

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, so pretty. Love the mixed media feel. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x