Tuesday 3 July 2018

More in my summer garden

It's time for my 2nd inspiration piece for Country View. I am the hostess this month for our challenge and I have chosen the theme "In the summer garden" for July.  If you missed my first post you can see it here.

For my 2nd piece I decided to make a butterfly card as I see lots of them fluttering around in my garden. They are always very hard to photograph so I thought I would share a few more photos of my summer garden.

 I love my garden studio.
It's also in the only shady part of my garden so perfect for keeping cool whilst crafting.
For my 2nd card I wanted to use my new Tim Holtz botanical 3D embossing folder which Susan of Country View Crafts has in stock. Remember she offers FREE UK postage on everything on the web site.
These new 3D folders are amazing. I used the back of a cereal packet and got this amazing texture.
 I used fossilised amber, mowed lawn and picked raspberry distress inks and just lightly swiped over the surface.
I just love the effect you can achieve.
I didn't want to cover this up too much so I used some inky mop up card and stamped and embossed  my Visible Image butterflies also in stock with FREE UK postage.
 I used the words from the new Life is beautiful hummingbird set which Susan will have in stock very soon, watch this space as I am writing a shop blog post for her.

I then added my butterflies, added a little Treasure gold gilding wax and matted and layered my card onto a Kraft blank. This is my newest card up for sale at Dotty's Tearoom in Carshalton High Street where my cards are sold.

Here are a couple of close ups

and one last shot.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

The butterfly challenge The letter V I have spun the wheel and used vertical design, vintage, Vegas gold (my gilding wax) , vermilion (my picked raspberry ink) and vine leaves (my embossing folder)
Creative fingers 2/3 anything goes
Crafty catz 2/3 anything goes +/-embossing
Fussy and fancy 2/3 pretty in pink
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Creative moments 3/3 anything goes
Penny Black and More 2/3 things with wings
Stamping sensations 1/3 in my garden (great minds that we have such similar July challenges!)
Card Mania 2/5 anything goes

So now it's your turn. We would like to see all your crafty makes where you have been inspired in your own summer gardens.
 As always you can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with any other challenges. Your make can be anything creative! You may even be the lucky random winner of the £20 CVC voucher.

I am really looking forward to seeing all the entries.

All the details can be found here

Enjoy this ongoing gorgeous summer weather.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


15 comments:

  1. A really pretty Summery creation Jane, the Butterflies sit beautifully against the inky background, many thanks for joining in withy our 'In my Garden' theme at Stamping Sensations and 'Wings' theme at Penny Black and More challenges.

    Since our mails the other day the gardnes are struggling even more, so many plants are flagging, but you can't really water 2.5 acres!

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would never have realised you had used the back of a cereal package to create the embossed image. It looks great. Very creative. My grass is sadly no longer nice and green. The clover in it is thriving though dispite the heat wave! Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! I love this mixed media project. I adore the pretty colours and beautiful butterflies. Thank you for playing along with us at CRAFTY CATZ and Good Luck! Nick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love how you gave color to the embossed panel. This embossing folder is gorgeous and so is the card you have made The butterflies are just the perfect addition. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all those pretty wings Jane - perfect for our theme this month of "things with wings" - Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Penny Black and More Challenges xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the summer garden that inspired this card - gorgeous flowers you have there. The card is stunning and just screams summer!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Moments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Jane. A lovely embossed background for the butterflies. Very stylish! Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both butterflies and background look amazing Jane! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a stunning card! Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More and good luck!
    x Daniela (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  10. stunning background and lovely butterflies

    Thanks for joining us at stamping Sensations this month

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card, such a gorgeous embossed background ♥ Beautiful photos from your garden too!
    Thanks for sharing your creations with us at Creative Fingers & good luck!
    ♥ DT Tindaloo
    PS: If u want to join in, I have a fab blogcandy going until tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your flowers in your garden look fab and I am a little bit jealous of your garden studio, so pretty!
    Wonderful summer card, I like this background too!
    Have a nice sunday!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! So cute background.Thanks for playing with Card Mania Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x