Thursday 30 August 2018

Amethyst water cast pendant

Hello, the sunshine made a welcome return yesterday afternoon after quite a dull few days. I took these photos in the early evening last week, I really like the shadows cast at that time of the day.

My fuschia and pots are still hanging on to their colour.
My silversmithing class is on summer break for another month but I thought today I would share the pendant I finished on the last day of term in July.
You may remember that last year we played with watercasting and I cast some interesting organic shapes. If you missed that post you can see it here
I had some other piece left and decided to use it as the base for an amethyst I wanted to set.
These photos are taken on my work bench with my phone so not the best but I know people are interested to see the process.
Below is the piece of water cast silver.
This is the setting I made for my stone.
I soldered both pieces together
 I then carefully cut off the excess and filed the edges smooth.
Then I set the stone, this view is taken from above with my setting held in a vice on some setting wax, which had been melted first. It's very much like the wax used for seals and has that distinctive smell too. It holds the setting in place without marking it and I was then able to gentle tap the edges of my mount over. You then gentle tap the setting out from the wax.
I also soldered a hanging loop on the back.
Here is my finished pendant.
Silver is so hard to photograph but I think you can get an idea. You can even see my hands and the lens in the stone's reflection!

 So my card to day is also purple in colour
It's a very CAS wedding card made for Dotty's Teahouse. The die cut is Sizzix, the stencilled hearts are a Tim Holtz stencil. The maker of the sentiment escapes me ,sorry!

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
AAA cards use a stencil
Happy Little stampers CAS die cuts
Creative Moments 2/3 anything goes
Lil patch of crafting friend's 3/3 anything goes

Thanks for stopping by, the sun is back here again this morning and I have a plan to start some Christmas cards..yes only 117 days to go..ho ho ho!!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x





11 comments:

  1. Dear Jane
    That is a stunning and unique piece of jewellery. The card is beautiful too.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you are just one clever lady...and you seem to have 48 hrs in a day...please tell me where you buy your time...I need some! Beautiful...no stunning pendant...and the card is lovely too...so simple and different! great post...have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great pendant! I love the stone but also the silver that is on top..very funky! Your wedding card is very pretty and love the lavender style hearts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pendant is stunning, Jane and so unique. I love your card too, the stencilling makes a lovely background. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty colours on your stencilled hearts and a really unique and fabulous card. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful piece of jewellery ... stunning.
    Love the pretty little card today too .... just put my fingers in my ears re the rest! ;)
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning jewellery.
    I love the colour scheme on your card. Thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic jewelry project, Jane! Such a treasure! It is neat to see the colors also reflected in the card. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning jewellery work, Jane - this is so beautiful. The organic shape is so tactile and glorious. Love the coordinating card too - subtle and elegant. And lovely to see your garden is still going strong.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun inspiration and card....beautiful purples. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards. =) Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous Wedding card and love your water casting silver necklace too.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x