Monday 27 August 2018

Last days of August

Hello and I hope those of you who are in the UK are enjoying a restful bank holiday. Dare I say that this is the last one before Christmas! What a wonderful summer it has been this year. Warm, sunny, blue skied filled days, the best I can remember since the Summer of 1976
I have loved spending time this year at the beach, both here and abroad and I still have our holiday in Rhodes to look forward too. There is nothing quite like sun sea and sand is there?
I'm here with my Monday design team make for Visible Image and I thought it was a good time to share a card I made earlier in the year which was in the June edition of Making Cards. Myself, Pauline and Sharon from the DT made projects with a red, white and blue colour scheme and used the
create your calm stamp set.
I made an alcohol ink sea inspired background

I added some blue archival ink through the fibres stencil
I wanted some seaweed for my seahorse to hide in (they are very shy creatures you know 
😊) and added some red seaweed using the Dare to swim stamp set

I stamped and red embossed the seahorse twice and fussy cut one out.
I stamped out the sentiment and added glossy accents to the bubbles to add some dimension. 
I also stamped and white embossed the jelly fish and added glitter and glossy accents to them too. 

and the inside of the card continued the red, white and blue theme too. 


So here is my finished card.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Pixie's snippets playground #333
Let's craft and create 3/3 anything goes/lots of layers
TIME out 2/3 be bright
Lil patch of crafting friend's 2/3 anything goes
Let's craft and create 3/3 anything goes
Fussy and fancy 1/3 anything goes
Rubber dance 3/3  nature

All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the "Show and Tell" album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £25 coupon to spend on the website.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 


September beckons us and the nights are beginning to draw in. I find that my colour palette changes so much with the seasons so expect to see something more autumnal inspired next week.
Thanks so much for stopping by and for all the kind comments that you take the time to leave. Enjoy your bank holiday.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x


11 comments:

  1. Great how the colours work on this sea-card! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jane - what a lovely card. You certainly created the sea beautifully and it's so true about the calm. I adore sea horses - there really is such an air of calm about them as they glide around.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card! I enjoyed the tour through Hyde Park too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, Jane, the design is just stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty seaside card!! :)
    Hope you've had a lovely bank holiday Monday, we had a trip out with the Mills family today to celebrate D's birthday, it was breezy and bright but thankfully dry!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had such a lovely summer, Jane. Ours was good until the heat wave set in and a drought ensued, now all I want is some good old rain, which thankfully we had some over the weekend. I'm starting to think of Autumn things and decor.

    Love the card you made.. I hope it wins some of the contests you submitted it to!

    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a lovely card. I love the under the sea theme. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all those layers, some great techniques used here. Thanks for joining Lets Craft and Create. Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh, so cool! I love the background! Thanks a lot for the tutorial :)
    And thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great seeing the steps that you used for your card. And such a beautiful scene that you created. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is stunning! Thanks for joining the Rubber Dance challenge:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x