Monday 26 November 2018

Into the woods at Christmas

Good morning, brrr we had some very chilly weather last week, the beast from the East was visiting but luckily no snow, just a very chilly easterly wind.
I noticed lots of lovely holly berries when I was walking down to Dotty's.
a sure sign that Winter and Christmas is coming. Most of the leaves have now fallen too.

For my Monday Visible Image design team project today I decided to use my Into the woods stamp set. 
When I first set eyes on this brilliant new set earlier this year I thought what fab Christmas cards you could make with it.  So today I am taking you Into the woods at Christmas......

I used oxide inks on black card to create the background and then stamped the background tree line. Next I stamped the single tree in white ink. Once the background was thoroughly dry I stamped and embossed the sweet owls in the set. Sorry this photo is so dark but it was taken mid process in my studio.

Lastly I gold embossed the "near" tree line. I also added the star from the Angels stamp set 
and a sentiment is from the Go to Christmas words set.
Here is my finished card
with a few close ups.

and one final shot.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says Wednesday baby it's cold outside
Frilly and Funkie 1/3 'tis the season for gift giving
As you like it 2/3 do you prefer digi or rubber stamps? me most definately rubber, how could I have achieved any of these effects using a digi stamp?
Crimbo Crackers 1/3 anything goes
Sweet stampin' whatever the weather
Crafty Halzelnut's Christmas #413
Allsorts 2/3 inspired by a song mine is "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas" by Bing Crosby, one of my all time Christmas faves.
Addicted to stamps 1/3 anything goes

The stamp sets I have used today are still HALF PRICE until 11.59pm tonight in the amazing Visible Image Black Friday sale...don't miss out.. check out all the offers here. Some of the stencils have sold out but there are still lots of bargains to grab.
All the Visible Image links can be found here;

Visible Image group page on FacebookOur friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. You can add work to the new challenge album where one randomly chosen winner each month wins a £40 coupon to spend on the website. For this month the theme is "Add some sparkle".

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are weekly stamp giveaways...open world wide.

And the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased. 

 The challenge ends this Friday, 30 November. If you join us you might even be the randomly selected winner of a £40 voucher to spend on the website...now that would be like Christmas coming early wouldn't it!

I hope you might feel inspired to make your own "Into the woods" Christmas cards. There are only 29 days until the Big Day....are you ready?

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x



11 comments:

  1. I love seeing all the photos you post of your local area. TFS. Autumn is definitely on its way out and winter is on its way. Your card is absolutely stunning, I love the design. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three lovely creations gorgeous backgrounds and a super image. Thank you for joining our ' Inspired by a Song' challenge at Allsorts.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an evocative card design, Jane! Bravo! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty holly, your don't often see so may berries, obviously very well fed birds in the south!
    Beautiful festive card too.
    Have a great week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your photos and your card is amazing, great job with the stamps.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful project, thank you for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jane, this is such a gorgeous card! I love that moody background and all of your stamps create a mystical scene. Your landscape photos always bring me so much joy--thank you for sharing. And Thank you for sharing your card with us at Frilly and Funkie. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Jane. A lovely winter scene. Lovely photos too! Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have created a wonderful scene with your stamps. Thank you for joining in at As You Like It. Lynne DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am loving that wintry night sky! The gold embossed trees really pop against it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Tis the Season" Challenge! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is beautiful. Thank you for sharing with us at AYLI.Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x