Thursday 1 November 2018

ATC coins

Good morning, here we are at 1st November and the end of 2018 really is in sight now. The clocks went back last weekend and it really is beginning to feel like Christmas is fast approaching.
Despite the cooler temperatures though Mother Nature is still looking stunning.
I took these photos on the way down to Dotty's on Monday.


It is time for our brand new challenge over at Country View and the theme for November is an unusual but very interesting one...Artist Trading Card Coins. These have been taking the crafting world by storm since earlier this year. Just in case they have passed you by they are the same as Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) only coin shaped and should measure 2 1/2 inches diameter. They were designed to be made in small editions by artists to sign on the back and trades them. However I think they are a great way to make a design and also they could be used as circular focals on cards (which is what I plan to do with mine).

The details can be found here.

As Christmas is so near now I decided that for my 1st and 2nd Design team inspiration I would make Christmas themed ATCs. I decided to make a masterboard and use it to share 2 very different designs. I dug out some PaperArtsy frescos and brayed them onto watercolour paper.
I then got out some festive distress inks and used my Tim poinsettia stencil to create my background

I also added some gold star stamping
I then cut out my coins and added stamps from my old Stamper's anon Father Christmas set to make these 3 ATC coins. 


As I am not trading my coins I decided to put them to good use ....I used them as focal on some Christmas cards for Dotty's.
I used another of my brayered fresco backgrounds and my fab newest die which I think I can say is becoming my favourite ever! Susan has it in stock on the website here. If it shows as out of stock just add your email address and as soon as it is back in she'll email you.
I used gold shimmer card under the card front which I die cut to make this card, the gold card underneath really shimmers through.



Here is a close up, I also used some Tim rub ons too.
I have plans for the other 2 coins. Watch this space.

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Winter Wonderland 1/3 colour it
Addicted to stamps and more 1/3 anything goes
Die cutting divas 1/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday anything goes
Christmas at sweet stampin 1/3 anything goes
Crafting from the heart 1/3 anything goes

We hope to see lots of you joining in our "ATC coins" challenge this month. Why not have a dig through your own stash and see what you have there to use. These coins are such fun to make and as you can see make great card or even tag focals if you don't trade them. You could even make a start (or even finish) making your Christmas cards...are you ready 🎅?

All the details again can be found here.

Thanks for stopping by and for the very kind comments you take the time to leave. I know how busy life gets so I really appreciate every single one of them.

Back tomorrow,

Bye for now,

Jane x

12 comments:

  1. Fabulous ATCoins and beautiful Christmas card!!! Happy November and big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such stunning creations. Thank you for sharing your card with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would we do without Tim Holtz? Love the ATcoins and the cards you used them on! I bet they will sell like hot Mince pies... xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. these look wonderful Jane - really fabulous! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well they had definitely passed me by as I had never heard of ATC coins. I do love yours though and your resulting card. I'm just wondering will they become like Bit coins and end up being worth a fortune!! :)
    Happy weekend my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your coins are beautiful Jane, you can't beat a bit of old school Tim for Christmas, and they go so well with his latest stuff xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these Jane great coins and I love how you have used them hugs Debsx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful, Jane! Love your background and they look fabulous on your Christmas card!
    Happy November xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your fabby looking card. It looks smasing! Thank you for taking the time to join us over at the Winter Wonderland challenges this time.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card!! Love the fabulous background!!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab Coins - love the cards too xx Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x