Sunday 5 May 2019

The tin man gets shrunk

It's bank holiday Sunday and I hope you are all enjoying some relaxing down time. We enjoyed visiting our family at the South Coast yesterday and with the recent rain everywhere is greening up nicely and the May is fully out.

It's time for my second post for Country View. Our May theme is "Opposites". If you would like to see my Visible/Invisible card I made for 1st May you can see it here
You can enter our May challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing is absolutely FREE! All the details for the challenge can be found here.

This time I went for the opposite words Little/Large as I had an idea to use my shrink plastic with my sweet Visible Image Tin man stamp set, part of the brilliant Oz collection. Susan sells both the Tin Man stamp set and the coordinating dies on the website.
First I stamped him onto my Shrink plastic and coloured him with pencils and then die cut him out

 Then I stamped him onto silver card. Here they both are pre shrinking.
 And how cute does he look shrunk!
I also shrunk his oil can and heart too for extra embellishments.
I made a distress oxide background, added some stamping using stamps from Ahead of our time and the sentiment from the Tin Man set.
Here is my card
with a couple of close ups of Little and Large


I would liked to enter my card into the following challenges;

Crafty friends 1/3 More than 1 die I used 3, the in man, his oil can and the heart.
Sweet Stampin 1/3 spaced out/anything goes
Lil patch of crafting friends 1/3 anything goes
Craft Stamper take it make it 1/3 May
Inkspirational 1/3 adventure
Crafty calendar 1/3 distress it

I hope to see lots of you joining in with the fun..the details again are here. It is a challenging challenge I know but it does make you think! My teamies still also have lots more inspiration over the coming weeks so do check out the blog or even sign up as a follower.
 Thanks for stopping by today and for the kind comments you take the time to leave me.

Back tomorrow,

Bye for now,

Jane x

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous background, Jane! Shrink plastic eh?... haven't played with that in a while, die-cutting it is great, I must pull it out of retirement, I have a few designs that would look good smaller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe cute is the little tin man!! :)
    Happy Sunday lovely, the sun is trying here not sure if it will win!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how cute is this! I love the tin man and he looks so sweet being shrunked! Lovely card!
    Have a serene sunday - here we have snow, can you believe?
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you're getting quality time with your family and enjoying the season. I love spring too. Very cute card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The flowers and trees are so springlike in your neck of the woods. It’s nice to see since it’s still a bit blah here. I love the background you created for your card and the tinman is a perfect piece to set in especially form Boy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous background...love the Tinman...and the shrunken Tinman! Thanks for entering our challenge at Sweet Stampin'
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jane, Thanks for joining our ‘more than 1 die’ challenge with your wonderful tin man card. Fabulous inky background too. Hope you can join us for our next challenge too.
    Diane Louise
    [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card. Do you ever tell us if you win any of the challenges? I am sure you win a lot of them!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is fab Jane, such a cute Tin Man. Have a wonderful week, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fab card. Love that background. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Unique and fabulous - that arty background is beautifully done and I love your shrinky tin man. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great card!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "more than one die” challenge over at Crafty Friends & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT The Sketchy Challenges)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Aud Sentiments Challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a fun card - i love all the colours and the shrinking of the image. Thank you for joining us at Lil patch of crafty Friends and hope to see you at our next challenge - Cat DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is just perfect for our challenge! A very unique looking card. I love the background you created. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x