Monday 23 November 2020

The moonlit sky

Hello it's time for my fortnightly design team post for Visible Image. Today I am sharing a card and bookmark made for my Mum's upcoming birthday. I have told her not to read this blog post until after next Monday! She and I have a "thing" about the Man in the Moon

I always love a full moon and snapped these photos recently.



So of course I had to use the awesome new Midnight sky set for her card and bookmark. 

Just a little heads up that Visible Image have a Black Friday sale on until 30th November and the happy birthday set is in the sale at the incredible  price of £3.99. Stock is limited and some products are  reduced by up to70%. 

So back to my make, this is what I got up to.

I used these distress  spray stains to ink a sheet of mixed media card.

I cut myself 2 pieces, one for the card and 1 for the bookmark. I realized that if I made a slimline card the bookmark would not get creased in the post as it could tuck inside the card. My Mum is an avid reader so I know this will get lots of use. 

I stamped the verse and my images in black , sorry I cut the top of this photo!
I used gold ink and the star swoosh to link up my images


I stamped and gold embossed the large star for extra shine. 

For the card I also stamped the moon and large star onto an inky off cut and added them for extra dimension and focus. I didn't do this for the bookmark as I didn't want them to rub inside a book.



 
I coloured the stars on the card in gold pen and those on the bookmark in silver.

Here is my card finished

with its matching bookmark.


and one last shot.


All the Visible Image links are listed below

Visible Image group page on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide. Do check out the Facebook LIVES and videos where you will be able to see lots more samples and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here

Pinterest here

And once again the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased.

Thanks so much for stopping by today,

Remember to check out the amazing Black Friday bargains here. There is up to 70% off lots of stamps and stencils. Remember that stock is limited so if you snooze you lose! I think Christmas has come early for a lot of excited Visible Image fans. It ends on 30th November.


Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

1 comment:

  1. Awe what a lovely card and bookmark ... wishing your Mum a very happy birthday!! :)
    Happy new week my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x