Monday 9 November 2020

The shining sun

Hello it's time for my fortnightly design team make for Visible Image. I am delighted to share my first make with one of the brand new release. There are 6 awesome sets which are on pre release now for ordering on their website. Worldwide release date is 12 November. 

I found it hard to choose which of my samples I have made to share today. I thought we could all do with some sunshine as here in England as we are in a month long lockdown again and decided my sample made with this set was perfect. 

Meet the fabulous

Rise and shine stamp set. I adore anthropomorphic imagery.


(To give you a heads up there is a wonderful Man in the Moon in their new Midnight Sky set too.  I have wanted Mark, aka Mr Visible Image to design a Man in the moon stamp for years and I am thrilled he has. My next sample I share in 2 weeks will be using that set).

So back to the sun. It was certainly shining last week as I took my daily walks. The colours of autumn this year are quite breathtaking and a little sunshine added in just makes my heart sing.
I also have a ceramic sun which sits on the wall of my studio. I bought this on holiday in Sicily and I really do treasure it. 
Here is a close up

So fired up with these colours and ideas I grabbed some Yupo paper and made a sunshine packed background using alcohol inks.  I just dripped the inks onto the paper and used a blower to move the inks around. 
I used all the hot yellows, oranges and a little flamingo ink.
I then turned the background sideways. I stamped the large sunshine and 2 small onto some yellow inky mop up card and cut them out.

I added some of my favourite distress colour, crackling campfire to the rays to add some colour and interest to the yellow. 

The sentiment was stamped onto a piece of card which I then cut into a cloud shape. I also cut 2 more cloud shapes out of white card.
I then put my design together. Here it is;
with some close ups

and one last shot.


All the Visible Image links are listed below

Visible Image group page on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity.

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide. Do check out the Facebook LIVES and videos where you will be able to see lots more samples and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here

Pinterest here

And once again the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased.


Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope my sunny card brought a ray of sunshine into your Monday morning. 

Remember to check out the rest of the awesome new release here. You can preorder now and have them delivered to your door on release date of 12 November. 

A little heads up too that Visible Image are back on your Create and Craft TV screens on Thursday at 12 noon. Do set your recorders if you can't watch live as sadly you can no longer watch on catch up afterwards. Mark aka Mr Visible Image has lots of demos planned and you will see mine and my teamies samples there too. 

Back soon, stay safe,

Bye for now,

Jane x








4 comments:

  1. Beautiful .... and most definitely welcome as there hasn't been much sign of the sun these past few grey November days!!
    Enjoy your week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and colours. Ive set my planner for Thursday at midday but it says Mixed Media, is this your show? X X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea, yes the Visible Image show is at noon on Create and Craft ..Mark Alexander will be sharing lots of mixed media demos and do look out for my samples being displayed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x