Friday 1 January 2021

A new year and new hopes

Happy New year all. 2021...here's to a much better year and that life might finally start to return to some kind of normality. This is my first of 2 posts today as of course there are new challenges to be shared. First up is my design team post for Country View where our first challenge theme is "use one or more squares". As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website. What a cool pre Christmas treat that would be. You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here.

I decided to make a new year card and used several  awesome Visible Image sets (some of which are out of stock at the moment). Susan will be restocking her Visible Image range very soon so do add you email address on the website to anything out of stock and she will contact you when they are in.  Susan keeps a good range on the website here .

  This is what I got up to;

I made a distress ink background using crackling campfire and speckled egg distress inks. I love these 2 new colours and with the rustic wilderness green released in November they were a great trilogy for 2020. Susan has a lot of distress products on the website here .

I added some background stamping using the Visible Image Ahead of time set


I also stamped some flashes from the "Rays of light set" which you will see in my final photos.  For my "squares" I stamped the numbers onto scraps of spare background using alphabetical There is a great square in this set too which I stamped to frame the numbers.  I then cut out 4 white slightly bigger squares and layered on the numbers.

I used the sentiment from "Destination unknown" and the happy new year from the "Go to Christmas" words set. I also stamped and cut out the door from the "Ahead of time" set to allow the year to "tumble out". I then put everything together and for a finishing touch added some die cut stars.
Here is my finished card.
with some close ups


and one final shot.
We would love to see you join in with our January challenge. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Wednesday sparkle and shine
The house that stamps built 2/3 anything goes 
Simon says stamp Monday celebrate 

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our January "use 1 more squares" challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 

You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Remember that UK postage and packing from CVC is free on all orders over £7.50! Once again all the details for the January challenge can be found here.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Take care and stay safe. I will be sharing my 2nd design team project for our squares challenge on the 13th of January.

Back again in a couple of hours!

Bye for now

Jane x

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card to start the new year ... I know I've said it before but those ink colours have wonderful names.
    Happy 2021 my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Jane! I love your card and those new colours are fabulous. I only bought the speckled egg until now but I might have to have the others too ! lol Have a great January!
    Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Jane!!! I love the background with the new Distress colours and the golden images!!! Happy New Year and big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Jane!
    Great use of this stamp set for a New Year's card! Love the Distress Oxide background too, haven't added to my collection this year, just not enough space for all the colours of inks! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some s rummy colours there Jane. Great idea for the squares too. Hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab background on this New Years Card. Lovely sentiment on the bottom too. thanks for sharing over at The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card Jane and a great way to incorporate the squares. Take care and
    have a very happy and creative 2021, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year. Fabulous card Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year Jane! Gorgeous card! I love the background!
    Have a great week, take care!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!! Love those colors you used in the background! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x