Sunday 10 January 2021

The January blues

Hello blogging friends. I hope you are all keeping well? Here in the UK the pandemic is taking a turn for the worse and cases are rises exponentially . The vaccine is thankfully being rolled out very quickly and let's really hope that this surge can soon be controlled.  My daughter (an NHS doctor) has had her first jab and my parents who are in their late 80s are hoping to be called up very soon. My Hb continues to work from home and I have now moved indoors again from my garden studio to craft so we are cozied up indoors for now with Billy our dear cat.  I get out for my daily walks and most days go to see my sweet dino ducks who never cease to make me smile. 

I thought I would share a few recent photos of the lovely blue skies we have enjoyed recently despite the cold and show some photos taken in the week of my sweet dinos.




and as the sun went down it shone beautifully through the willow tree. 

Dotty's Teahouse, where I sell my cards has now had to shut for any takeaways so I have had some crafting time to experiment, which is always fun.  It's not me but my crafting which has taken on "The blues" for the last week. I take part in a monthly artist trading card and coins swap and this was the theme. I made my cards and coins with the same theme and then my imagination took over and I decided to make a tag with "the blues".

I have already posted these on Instagram where I just celebrated my 1,000 post. If you would like to find me this is the link 

I made some winter blues artist trading cards using Lavinia stamps

a "Blue starry tree" tag with an oxide galaxy background with Tim Holtz dies

and some "Playing the blues" coins using Visible Image stamps

I would like to enter my coins into the following challenges;

Allsorts favourite colour no guess as to mine...blue of course!
Crafty friends 1/3 anything goes
Creative fingers 1/3 anything goes
Cute card Thursday 1/3 anything goes
Stamping sensations 1/3 favourite stamps these Visible Image Jazz it up stamps are one of my very favoruite male sets. 

I have been keeping very busy with my crafting with some secret, for now projects, too which I will share as soon as I can. 
Stay safe, stay indoors and stay positive.  Please take great care. Keep mindful, things will improve in the coming months, we just need to get through these difficult weeks ahead. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

9 comments:

  1. Lovely creations in blues Great pics of the Egyptian geese. Thanks for joining in with my favourite colour challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to see your little geese friends!! :)
    The blue hares are wonderful Jane, I really love them!!
    Things aren't great at the moment are they, fingers crossed we can get through this quickly ... you take good care of yourself!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos there. It looks sp peaceful.
    I love your cards. Very hard to pick a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great creation Jane, many thanks for sharing a 'Favourite Stamp' and joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite color too :) You made amazing projects! Thank you for joining us this week at Allsorts Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all such wonderfull creations Jane. A lovely colour blue and well designed. Thanks for joining our challenge at Stamping Sensations. Take care and stay safe. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab creations, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for entering our Anything Goes challenge… your collection of ATCs, Tags and Coins are beautiful. Good luck in the draw and we hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful creations!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "Anything Goes” challenge over at Crafty Friends & good luck in the draw.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    (DT Simply Create Too)

    (DT Kreativtanten)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x