Monday 5 July 2021

Feeling hot, hot, hot, with Visible Image

Hello it's time for my fortnightly blogged Visible Image design team post. Today I am sharing my latest Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) made for the current July swap over on our group Facebook page. This is the link;  If you like trading ATCs I highly recommend you come over and join us. This was the sign up photo for July. I will be launching the August one in the next few weeks 

 So far 63 Visible Image fans, worldwide, have taken part. Some of the design team (including myself) and even Helen and Mark Alexander (Mr and Mrs Visible Image) have also take part. The theme this month is "feeling hot, hot, hot" so I wanted to see hot colours, perhaps summer but it could even have a flames theme to it. For my own ATCs (the swap is for 1 ATC but I always make 4 as I also keep one, give one to my granddaughter and swap one elsewhere) I decided to use shades of orange and yellow for my hot colours and I thought it fun to make a "hot" Cheshire cat. Yes my imagination really does run wild at times. I also wanted to stamp the words hot, hot, hot as there  is a song by that name. Does anyone else remember the 1980s song, "Feeling hot, hot, hot by Arrow? I even listened to it on You Tube as I sat in my studio and made my ATCs 

 I worked with these 2 stamp sets. 

The Cheshire cat (I just love this set, he is the most gorgeous Wonderland cat)

and 
Alphabetical (to stamp my words)
To make my "hot" background I got out my mustard seed and crackling campfire distress stains and my squeezed lemonade oxide sprays and made this background. I used heavyweight smooth card.  Obviously I added some water too and allowed the inks to move and the oxidation to occur. 
I then cut four 3 1/2 by 2 1/2" ATCs from this piece of card.
I like to make all 4 of my ATCs slightly different but staying within a main design.
 I stamped the fun fishbone from the The Cheshire cat and the word "hot" from Alphabetical using archival inks.
There is also a circle in Alphabetical and I used this as a sun.
I stamped, coloured with Zig pens and cut out 4 Cheshire cats 
I then positioned my Cheshire cats and trimmed their tails. 
The final touch was some Glossy accents to the eyes and teeth. These photos above are a little dark as they were taken as I made them in shade of my studio.
So here they are finished and photographed in daylight; 
 With a close up of each



and one final shot.
I think Mr Cheshire cat is feeling Hot Hot Hot under all that fur! 
These were such fun to make and I am already looking forward to organizing the August swap. 

 All the Visible Image links are listed below

Visible Image group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you there. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. You will also be able to join in with the monthly ATC swap. 

The main Visible Image Facebook page is here; there are regular giveaways...open world wide. Do check out the Facebook LIVES and videos where you will be able to see lots more samples and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

And once again the shop web site is here; where all their gorgeous stamps and stencils can be purchased.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

Bye for now,

Jane x








1 comment:

  1. Awe, I do love your Cheshire Cat ... maybe this time though he should be called Chili Cat! :)
    Enjoy your week lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x