Sunday 1 August 2021

A monochromatic August for Country View

Good morning it's August already and time for a new challenge over at Country View.  For this month's challenge we would like to see your monochromatic makes. 

As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website.  You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here.

People often think that monochromatic means using just black and white but it means using all the tones and hues of a single colour and can also include black and white. 

 I decided to play with something different for me, shades of orange. I have some awesome orange flowers in my summer bedding pots.


This is what I got up to. Not only did I use orange based distress stain spays, including crackling campfire but I added some extra yellow and red into the mix to create some extra shades. I used an A4 sheet of mixed media card.

I cut a 5 3/4 square from my A4 sheet then onto a spare piece I stamped the gorgeous large butterfly from Visible Image's  Butterfly effect stamp set.
which I fussy cut out.
Into one corner of the background I stamped one the lovely sentiments from So much stronger


I also added some of the element stamps from the  Butterfly effect stamp set. around the edge.
I found that the tail of the butterfly fits the L of angels perfectly, so I used this as a feature. 

For a final touch I stamped 2 of the small butterflies onto another piece of scrap and cut them out.

Then I assembled my card, adding some sequins as a final touch. 
Here is my finished card;
with a couple of close ups;


and one final shot.

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our August "monochromatic" challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 

You can enter our challenge as many times as you like and combine with other challenges. There is also a £20 crafting voucher up for grabs to the lucky randomly selected winner to spend over on the Country View Crafts on line store. Once again all the details for the August challenge can be found here.

Susan has recently had a restock the awesome Visible Image stencils and stamps you can see them all here.  Remember that UK postage and packing from CVC is free on all orders over £7.50! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Take care and stay safe. I will be sharing my 2nd design team project on the and that one for that one I have gone with shades of purple.

I would love to see you over on Instagram where I share new creative makes nearly every day. This is my link/profile @jane.tyrrell
Sadly these days I just don't have the time to blog everything! 

Bye for now

Jane x

10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card! Loving the colours and your sprayed masterboard, the stamp set is fabulous too 😀. Your garden is looking so lovely with those brightly coloured summer flowers. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy August! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful with the oranges and I am currently listening to "A Summer's Place" which works with your very pretty butterfly card. I will see if I can see your other creations. I love the connection of the L with the butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe its lovely Jane ... I do like a bit of orange especially in the garden!
    Happy August lovely,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Orange is my favourite colour ! It is our national colour even! I love your card, it is fabulous ! Have a great August ! Corrie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the butterfly tail into the L, made for each other! Have a great August. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this card, Jane! I guess I nearly never use orange as the main color, but it looks amazing! The L used as the butterfly´s tale is so clever, love it!
    Happy August!
    Evelyn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely Jane, and what a fabulous background for your card. Take care and have a very happy August, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card - great for the monochromatic challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a pretty card. I’m not really a fan of orange but you have really celebrated it’s sunny tones. I love the background, great effects. Hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning make jane - so very beautiful! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x