Wednesday 2 February 2022

A creative chaos canvas

 Hello, it's time for my fortnightly design team post for Visible Image. 

The new Spring release is going down a storm and today I am able to share my first blogged make. I have shared several other on Instagram over the last 10 days so do check me out over there if you would like to see them. You can find me here; https://www.instagram.com/jane.tyrrell/

Pre release orders open now on the website. Worldwide release date not far away now, this Friday, 11th February. For today's make I wanted to share a canvas I made using the really awesome new layering dies. These are something very different for Visible Image but I am in love with them. They are so versatile and I find myself using them all the time. They add extra dimension to everything paper crafting from ATCs to canvases and everything in between. 

I love that they also leave fab apertures that can be used as a frame or filled in with a different colour . To show this let's get down to my make. 

I used 2 of the new layering dies;

Broken mesh


I also used the flowers from my favourite flower stamp set Creative Chaos
This is what I got up to. 
I used some inky left over cardstock to stamp them on and cut them out.
 The 2 top flowers also had some extra stamping on it using stamps in the Grunge tones background stamp set.
I also stamped the small flowers onto inky leftover card and cut those out too, 
The background for my canvas was made using rustic wilderness and spiced marmalade distress inks, pressed onto my craft sheet with added water and dipped in. I dried with a heat gun between layers. I then added some splashes of distress mica stains; Bubbling cauldron, Flickering candle and Holly branch 
Using the mesh die I cut out the middle of the card background. I also used the Fibres die to cut from black cardstock. 

The cut out from the mesh will be used for another project. 
I die cut another piece of lighter green inky card, using the mesh die and replaced it in the aperture as seen below. I cut some of the black fibres frame into pieces and glued it randomly around the outside of my background

I left gaps as it added to the organic feel I was trying to achieve.
Then I used some of the remnants to cut some "flower stems". 

I added the flowers 1 by 1
and placed a piece of white card behind the mesh stamped with some of the background stamps. 
I stamped the words and cut them up to fix to my canvas. 

Here it is finished and "framed" using white and black card.
A few close ups  



and one last shot.
The new layering dies are so awesome. Do check them out with the rest of the new release

All the Visible Image links are listed below;

The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you will be most welcome.  You will also be able to join in with the monthly Artist Trading Card (ATC) swap which has been such fun. We are now in the 8th month of swapping and have had over 74 people, worldwide, taking part. The sign up for the next swap will open on 23rd February if you would like to join us.

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and the brilliant newly  revamped website is here.

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

Bye for now,

Jane x


3 comments:

  1. A fabulous creation, Jane! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those inks really do have the best names! :)
    Lovely as always Jane,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just make my mouth agape at your amazing creativity and imagination. The stencils and die cuts may not appeal to me and then I see what you do with them. You made an amazing piece of artwork.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x