Wednesday 16 February 2022

Spring tins for Visible Image

Hello, it's time for my fortnightly blogged design team make for Visible Image. The new release had its worldwide launch on Friday and we celebrated with a fun online Live Launch party, which you can still watch on catch up via the website. 

Today I am going to share some tins I upcycled using the gorgeous

Spring awakening stamp set

and some extra background stamping using the very cool

 I used them to make 3 tin labels in different colour ways. I use lots of tins on my desk and these are super easy to make and also so useful to store pens, brushes etc in.  Just use any empty tins, mine are tinned tomatoes tins. 

This is how I made them;

I measured the height and circumference of my tins and cut my smooth heavyweight card to size.
I used these 3 distress stain sprays and gave each piece a very light spray of ink. I allowed them to dry thoroughly (or you could heat dry them)

I made each label in a very similar way so I will just share the process for one, the yellow/orange combo. 
First I stamped the gridded sentiment from the Spring awakening stamp set randomly in fossilized amber distress archival ink.
I then added some more background stamping using all the fun Transmission glitch set stamps and hickory smoke distress archival ink.

I continued adding more random stamping using all the stamps in both sets and some pink, yellow and orange ink.  When I was happy I then stamped and clear embossed the large flower in the set using Versafine Clair ink in the centre and again on each side, you can see this further down.


Here is the finished label. 

and the other 2

I then stuck the labels to their tins. Personally I find the best adhesive for this is red line tape.

Here they are, already filled up with my bits and bobs.

A photo of each one individually;


and one final shot;

These will go with my existing tins and make such a colourful addition to my craft desk.
Here are some of my previous makes.


 I hope I might have inspired you to make your own?

All the Visible Image links are listed below;

The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you. You will see lots of gorgeous makes by the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you will be most welcome.  You will also be able to join in with the monthly Artist Trading Card (ATC) swap which has been such fun. We are now in the 8th month of swapping and have had over 80 people, worldwide, taking part. The sign up for the next swap will open on 23rd February if you would like to join us.

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here.

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

Before I go I would also like to share some VERY exciting news that Visible Image are appearing on Crafter's TV, part of the Crafter's Companion brand, on Thursday (17th February) Mark Alexander will be there live with a whole day's worth of demos, chats and he will also be sharing our DT makes. If you would like to see the new release in action do tune in. Here are the details I have taken from their Facebook page; 

"We are so excited to be heading up North to Crafter's Companion HQ for a fantastic day of shows on Crafter's TV on Thursday!
We really hope you can tune in to watch lots of fantastic demos and crafty fun with Mark Alexander!
We have 3 full hours of demos and inspiration, and Mark will be chatting to the presenters during the 8am to 9am, and 12 midday to 1pm shows too!
You can watch the shows LIVE on:
There will be some fabulous offers on the shows! Keep your eyes out for our photos and LIVE videos of our exciting adventures as we head 300 miles North tomorrow!! See you soon!
Mark + Helen"

Bye for now,

Jane x

1 comment:

  1. Awe Jane, they look great, a perfect way to pretty up your desk! :)
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x