Friday 1 April 2022

Spring into April with Country View Challenges

 Hello and welcome to April. Today is my birthday (yes seriously it's not an April Fool!) It's also time for our new challenge over at Country View Challenges. Our theme this month is "Spring " so we would like to see projects with spring colours and spring imagery.  You can make anything you like using any products. You can enter a maximum of  5 times and into a maximum of 10 challenges including ours. As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website.  You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here.

I used the following products; I have added clickable links within this post to the CVC website. If anything is out of stock just add your name in the email notification and Susan will email you when she has them back in stock. 

I worked with 

Sketched tulips

and 3 distress colours including the new saltwater taffy in both ink and oxide pad version. 

This is what I got up to;

I pressed these colours onto my craft sheet, added water using my distress sprayer and built up my layers onto my card, drying in between. 



I cut my background down to the size of my card back. 
I stamped and clear embossed the images from the set.
Then using the oxide saltwater taffy I stamped the script over the background. I painted the tulip heads using the oxide pad and water, mixing it up on my media mat. 
Here is my finished card;
with some close ups;


and one final shot.

 I hope I may have inspired you to join in with our April "Spring "challenge. You can use any stamps/products, the choice is yours. 

 Once again all the details for the challenge are here. .  Remember that when you buy from the Country View Crafts website UK postage is FREE on orders over £20 

Thanks so much for stopping by today. Take care and stay safe. I will be sharing my 2nd design team project soon,  on 5th March.

I would love to see you over on Instagram where I share new creative makes nearly every day. This is my link/profile @jane.tyrrell
Sadly these days I just don't have the time to blog everything! 

Before I go I thought I would share a few photos of my weekend 3 weeks ago when I demoed for Country View at the Ally Pally Crafterama show in London. Wow what an awesome and busy weekend that was. I met so many lovely crafters. We were so busy on the Saturday that I didn't have time to take any photos at all so on Sunday morning before everyone arrived I quickly took a few of the stand and some of my samples I had made. 

and Susan kindly took this one of me, ready for action at 10am when the doors opened. 
I always make some "badges "when I demo ( I am wearing mine in the photo above) and gave away one too in a little giveaway I hosted at the show.
We really did have a fab time and I am delighted to say that Susan has already booked at stand on Sunday 25th September for the Stamperama show being held at Bedford Athletic stadium. I will be demoing all things Tim Holtz distress and Visible Image for her again. Pop the date in your diary if you are interested and I will give out more details nearer the time. 

Thanks for stopping by,

Bye for now,

Jane x

11 comments:

  1. Wow, so many amazing makes! Your spring card is gorgeous, I love the background with the pretty tulip design 😁. It looks like you did an fabulous job at Ally Pally too, the stand and samples look stunning and those badges are perfect too. Take care and Happy April! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect little card for the beginning of April ... hope you've had a lovely day my dear.
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely soft background Jane and tulips are THE April flowers for me! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of paper is best for using the Distress inks? I love the background and congrats to you for showcasing your artistic pieces. I would love to attend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Birgit I use lots of different card but my favourites are smooth heavyweight white and Daylor Rowney mixed media card. Thanks for your kind comment 🥰

      Delete
  5. This is really lovely Jane, what a fabulous background! Take care and have a very happy April, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tulips really mean Spring, don't they? I love this sketchy one and your background is fabulous. Have a happy APril ! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your use of colours Jane. Such a wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous, Jane! I love your color combo and tulips are my favorite spring flower. Happy belated birthday! Your samples look wonderful at the demo and I love, love, love those badges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card dear Jane! I absolutely in love with the background!
    I guess you had much fun at Ally Pally and the visitors have learned a lot from your demos I believe!
    Happy April!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x