Sunday 1 January 2023

Welcome to 2023

Good morning, happy new year and welcome to 2023. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and your head is not too heavy this morning if you were up late last night seeing in the new year! It is time to start a brand new crafting year with our first challenge of 2023 over at Country View Crafts. The theme for this month is "Time" so we would like to see your projects featuring clocks, watches and anything time related.  You can enter a maximum of 5 times and into a maximum of 10 challenges, including ours. As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website.  You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here.

  Remember that when you buy from the Country View Crafts website UK postage is FREE on orders over £20.00 I have added some live links within my post to take you to some of the products I used.

I wanted to use my treasured old Tim Holtz Bigz clock dies so I have used one for this make and the other for my 2nd DT make which I will share here on 15th Jan. 

This is what I got up to;
I used a piece of inky mop up card to die cut the weathered clock die.

Using shabby shutters, iced spruce and pine needles distress spray stains I created this drippy inky background. 
The new year sentiment is from the A7 size Visible Image Classic Christmas stamp set

I then added sparkle using the Visible Image Sparkle stamps and Wow embossing powder
I cut the clock hands in black card and stuck the clock face in place adding a sparkly brad to the centre.
I absolutely LOVE my mischievous cats and knew they had to see the new year in too so I added faces to 3 of them. 

I let them climb aboard 😂

Here is my finished make;
with some close ups


and 1 final shot;

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with the challenge this month? Once again here you can find all the details for our January challenge here.  Wishing all my lovely blog readers a very happy, healthy and creative 2023 and thank you so much for stopping by and for the lovely comments you leave me here.  

 I'll be back with my 2nd "Time" make on the 15th.

Bye for now,

Jane x












8 comments:

  1. Good to see the cats starting off 2023! :)
    Happy new year my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Jane! I love the gold and silver sparkles in the background! The scene you’ve created with he kitties around the clock is so playful and cheerful! Best wishes for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fireworks stamp and clock die are perfect to illustrate New Year's eve! Love the cats too...
    Happy New Year Jane! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous fun card Jane, I love these cats! Take care and have a very happy 2023, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card Jane, the addition of the cats is fabulous ! Have a happy 2023 ! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Loving that sparkle from the WOW EP and those Mischievous Cats are fabulous, aren't they 😊. Wishing you a very Happy New Year! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card, Jane! I love the weathered clock (I must use mine too, it´s so gorgeous) and the cats fit in perfectly!
    Have a very happy new year!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these pesky cats. Fabulous card Jane.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x