Monday 1 May 2023

May time play time!

Wow here we are in May and Summer is now just around the corner. I recently opened my garden studio after its winter sleep and I am so enjoying being outside again and crafting. My studio is 10 years old now and I love it more each year!

 It's also time for a new challenge over at Country View. The theme for May is "Vehicles". You can enter a maximum of 5 times and into a maximum of 10 challenges, including ours. As always there is a fab £20 voucher up for grabs for one lucky randomly selected winner to spend on the website.  You can find all the details of the challenge and more examples made by my talented teamies here.

  Remember that when you buy from the Country View Crafts website UK postage is FREE on orders over £20.00 I have added some live links within my post to take you to some of the products I used. 

For my first design team make I decided to use the Visible Image classic car stamp set

You're a classic

with the Breakout stencil


This is what I got up to;

I blended blueprint sketch and mustard seed distress oxides onto a piece of card. I added some drops of water and then blotted dry.

I placed the Breakout stencil over the right hand side of the card

and blended distress ink through.

I stamped the sentiments from You're a classic onto the top left corner of the card and the car on the right hand side. I added the wheel and bumper as an extra stamped piece to decoupage the card. I also stamped the numbers from the set around the car and added some gold pen final details.
Here is my finished card;

with a couple of close ups


and 1 final shot

I hope I may have inspired you to join in with the challenge this month? Once again here you can find all the details for our May challenge here.

Susan has lots of fab Visible Image stamps in stock and many of their stencils, coordinating dies and those hard to find in stock layering dies...do check them out here

 I'll be back with my 2nd "vehicle" card on 11th May.
 
Bye for now,

Jane x

7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card! Loving the stamps and stencil that you used, the way you positioned the car against the stencil is amazing - perfect 😊. Wishing you a Happy May! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jane! Have a very happy May! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab design for a man... I might use the idea next time I have a male card to make!
    Enjoy your summer office. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A classic card my friend .... Happy May!!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Jane, great use of the colours and stencil! Take care and have a very happy May, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card with a fabulous colour choice, Jane!
    Have a happy May!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card with a fabulous colour choice, Jane!
    Have a happy May!
    Evelyn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x