Wednesday 2 August 2023

Dreaming of mermaids

 Good morning all and welcome to my fortnightly blogged design team make for Visible Image. We're now into August which is holiday time for lots of people. I love visiting the seaside all year as our daughter and family live at the South Coast.

 As well as kayaking when it's hot and sunny we love to beach comb all year and find shells. My granddaughter and I always joke that perhaps one day we might even spot a mermaid. Yes Daisy and I have very vivid imaginations! So for today's make I thought I would use the brilliant Mythical Mermaid set to make a summery birthday card.


I also used the awesome Torn fishnet die


with a birthday sentiment from  Birthday wishes

and circles from Round in circles as bubbles.

This is what I got up to;

I used the torn fishnet die to die cut a frame in white card and cut it down to 6 1/2" by 4 1/2". I stamped rings from the round in circles using blue ink as bubbles. I also made an inky under sheet slightly smaller than the frame using chipped sapphire and prize ribbon distress stain sprays. 

Using the frame for placement I stamped the mermaid and dolphins in grey and some waves from the mermaid set in blue as shown. 

I coloured the images using distress pencils

and added some white pen details to the waves.


I also stamped the shells and crabs from the set around the frame and stamped and cut out the birthday sentiment as shown. 

I then stuck the background under the aperture . I cut up some of the fishnet die and placed it around the frame as shown.  I matted it onto blue card and then a white 7 X 5" white card blank. The sentiment was raised using foam pads and I finished off with my signature sequins and glossy accents to highlight some of the "bubbles".

Here is my finished card

with a couple of close ups


and 1 final shot;


All the Visible Image links are listed below;

The Visible Image Group page is over on Facebook. Our friendly Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you join us.  You will be warmly welcomed and see lots of inspiration from the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I also organize a monthly artist trading card swap in the group.  We celebrated 2 years of swapping in May. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. Over 140 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details and sign up for each swap are posted in the group on the 23rd of the month. So the next sign up for September opens on 23rd August, if you would like to join us.  There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time and if you live in the UK can you choose to post to the UK only if that suits you best.

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here. 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

Back soon, 

Bye for now,


Jane x

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card ... I hope one day, Daisy and you spot a mermaid!
    Sending big hugs my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x