Wednesday 16 August 2023

Sunflowers and bees

 Good morning all and welcome to my fortnightly blogged design team make for Visible Image. August is in full swing and there are lots of lovely sunflowers in bloom. I decided to use these as the inspiration for my card today. 

The stamp sets I chose to work with are the lovely Sunflower Grunge

 and the Bee happy set 


with their co ordinating dies. These dies really do make this Bee set even more versatile. 

This is what I got up to;

I stamped a batch of bees and coloured them with distress pencils

Using their co ordinating dies I die cut them out.


I like making batches as then I always have some bees readily at hand for my projects.


I made a background on glossy card using yellow and green alcohol inks. I added drops of yellow the the centre and dabbed the greens and a little yellow on a blending felt for the edges.

I stamped the large sunflower in the set and coloured it with distress pencils adding a little gold pen to the centre and glossy accents to give some dimension and a little sparkle. I also added wink of stella to the wings of the bees. 
I also stamped one of the sentiments from Sunflower grunge and cut that out too. 


I then assembled my design, gluing everything in place with a mixture of foam tape and PVA glue.  I finally matted my card onto yellow and then black card and adhered it to a square 7X7" white card blank/ 

Here is my finished card;


with a couple of close ups;





and one final shot


 All the Visible Image links are listed below;

 Our friendly customer Facebook Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you join us.  You will be warmly welcomed and see lots of inspiration from the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I also organize a monthly artist trading card swap in the group.  We celebrated 2 years of swapping in May. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. Over 140 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details and sign up for each swap are posted in the group on the 23rd of the month. So the next sign up for September opens on 23rd August, if you would like to join us.  There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time and if you live in the UK can you choose to post to the UK only if that suits you best.

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 

Pinterest here

and their website is here. 

 You will also find me on Instagram here; @jane.tyrrell where I share many more samples than I have the time to blog.

Back soon, 

Bye for now,

Jane x

1 comment:

  1. I do love those chubby little bees! :)
    Big hugs my friend,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x