Thursday 11 April 2024

More flower power for Country View Crafts

 Hello everyone, it's time for my second blogged design team make for our April Country View crafts challenge hosted over on Facebook. You don't need a blog or an Instagram account, just head over to the group and join in with the fun! The link is here and if you are not already a member just request to join and we will warmly welcome you. It is also be a place you can be the first to hear about workshops, the latest releases etc etc. We have a happy membership of over 300 crafters already and we are growing every day. You can enter the challenges up to 5 times as you like as long as you use products or brands which are stocked on the Country View Website. Every month there is an awesome prize to be won by one randomly selected entry.

I try to link up the products I use in my posts but obviously stock on the CVC website sells out quickly . Some may be out of stock when you click on the links. If they are just fill in the email notification and you will be emailed when they are back in stock. This is the link to the website   Remember that postage is FREE on all UK orders over £20. 

For April the theme is "Flower Power" so we would like to see all your floral makes. Below is my card. Read on for a full step by step tutorial of how to make it. 


I used the Visible Image Flower ink mask and stencil and some spring coloured distress inks 

I first blended all 3 colours through the stencil

Then I added the mask, moving it slightly to create extra petal and added abandoned coral over the whole card background.

I stamped the large background flower from the Visible Image Where flowers bloom using Versafine claire Summertime ink
Next I stamped small flower from the set and the thank you sentiment from Visible Image's  Lost for words sentiment set in the centre using Versafine clair nocturne and clear heat embossed it.

I stamped the small flower again onto inky mob up card, cut it out, coloured the centre with gold pen and added Glossy accents for some extra dimension. 


I then decoupaged the flower over the stamped image. I machine stitched around the perimeter of the card, matted it onto black card and added some sequins for a finishing touch before I adhered it to a 6X6" card blank,

Here is my finished card again


with a close up


and 1 final shot


I really hope that I may have inspired you to join in with the "Flower power" fun. Do head over to the challenge on Facebook here. Below is the fab prize up for grabs for one randomly selected winner. Yes a tin of Tim's awesome distress watercolour pencils

 The challenge is open worldwide.

Remember you can find me most days over on Instagram here @jane.tyrrell where I do share many, many more makes then I have the time to blog. 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Jane, lovely colour combination. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are those fruit salads again! :)
    Happy rest of the week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x