Tuesday 15 October 2024

It's spooky season at Country View Challenges

 Hello everyone, it's time for my first blogged design team make for our October Country View Crafts challenge hosted over on Facebook. You don't need a blog or an Instagram account, just head over to the group and join in with the fun! The link is Here and if you are not already a member just request to join and we will warmly welcome you. It is also be a place you can be the first to hear about workshops, the latest releases etc etc. We have a happy membership of over 350 crafters and we are growing every day. You can enter the challenges up to 5 times as you like as long as you use products or brands which are stocked on the Country View Website.

The theme for October is "Halloween" so we would like to see all your spooky makes. I love Halloween crafting and each year make 6 Halloween tags to add to the little Halloween gifts I give to my kids and grandkids.

Obviously my go to products to reach for are from my Tim Holtz stash. This man has so many amazing products to choose from and CVC stocks loads.

This is my first tag

and this is how it came together.

I used my fab Tim Holtz 3D wings Impresslit to create some spooky wings for one of my Paper dolls. I used black card and added some distress crayons . My paper doll  from an old pack but there are plenty of solo Paper dolls available on the CVC website here


I made my background using the Acorns texture fade. Again I used black card and distress crayons then I splattered on some distress mica sprays for some added bling and interest.


I also stamped out a pumpkin, a sentiment and an old Tim spider die cut and put everything together, Here is my finished tag again. 


with a couple of close ups 



and 1 final shot.

I hope I might have inspired you to give our October "Halloween" challenge a go. There is a fab prize up for grabs too for one randomly selected and you can enter up to 5 times!


Remember you can find me most days over on Instagram Here @jane.tyrrell where I share many, many more makes then I have the time to blog.

I will be back to share my 2nd design team make for the challenge on Saturday 26th October. 

I would also like to give you a heads up that my 2024 Inky cardmaking Christmas workshop at Dotty's Teahouse in Carshalton, Surrey will be held on 2 dates this year; Thursday 21st and repeated on 28th November, 7.30-10pm. The cost is £30 which includes my tuition, workshop notes, all materials, a take home bag and a hot drink and festive bake. Bookings are open NOW. This is the link to Dotty's website. This is the 3rd year I have hosted  these workshops, they are such festive fun! Please feel free to contact me via Instagram messenger. 


Bye for now,

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x