Wednesday 9 October 2024

Nature inspiration for Visible Image

Hi everyone and welcome to my latest design team make for Visible Image. The theme for our makes this week is "nature". I recently returned from our annual holiday to Rhodes and during our stay witnessed some amazing sunsets. One night in particular it looked as though the sky was on fire and I decided that when I got home I would use it as inspiration for one of my card makes.

This was the stunning scene I photographed as we enjoyed one of our al fresco evening meals.

Photo 1


and this is the card I made
Photo 2

I used the following products

Bubbles and fizz stencil set for my "sun" as a stencil and mask






This is how I created my fiery sunset;
Photo 3
I pulled the photo up from my phone and chose these distress inks to re create the sky. I used black soot, scorched timber, crackling campfire, carved pumpkin and mustard seed

Photo 4
I placed the circle mask from the stencil (you get this included in the bubbles and fizz set) over the top of a piece of 15cm square smooth white card as shown below

Starting with the lightest colour (mustard seed) I used a round ink blending tool to blend each of the colours around the circle mask. I then removed the mask.
Photo 5


I placed the circle stencil where the mask had been and added a little mustard seed ink. 
Photo 6


By using the combination of the mask and stencil I could achieve a white "glow" around the sun to really make it pop. 
Photo 7

I then cut the background down to a 14cm square and stamped the horse with Nocture Versafine Clair ink and clear heat embossed it.
 Photo 8
I stamped and white heat embossed the sentiment onto black card and placed it at the bottom right of the card. I also stamped 2 of the little horses and used the "splash" of the horse to stamp as an edge to the sun, which you can see in the finished card. I matted onto black card and then affixed to a white 15.5cm square card blank. 

Here is my finished card again.

Photo 9


I am always inspired by mother nature but I was so pleased that by making this card I was able to bring back a memory of a sunset meal on our recent wonderful sunshine holiday. You could also make something similar to my card in your scrap book or journal to save as a holiday memory.

All the Visible Image links are listed below;

 Our kind, friendly and supportive customer Facebook Group is here ...it would be lovely to see you join us.  You will be warmly welcomed and see lots of inspiration from the DT and customers to inspire your own creativity. 
 I also organize a monthly artist trading card swap in the group. Whether you are a new stamper or a seasoned one you are most welcome to join us. Over 150 members, worldwide, have taken part since it started over 3 years ago. It's been such fun and it's so lovely to receive a unique piece of art from your partner in the post. The details and sign up for each swap are posted in the group on the 23rd of the month. The October sign up is open now and the theme is "Black and white". If you would like to join us do head on over and do so by this Friday (27th September) when it will close. There is no "monthly" commitment, just join in when you have the time and if you live in the UK can you choose to post to the UK only if that suits you best.

The main Visible Image Facebook business page is here

Visible Image also has its own You Tube channel here where you can see videos and Lives to give you lots of inspiration and ideas. 

Their Instagram page can be found here 


Back soon,


Bye for now,


Jane x




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x