Hi everyone! It’s time for my fortnightly Design Team make for Visible Image.
After the wonderful, sunshine-filled summer I’ve enjoyed, I wanted to create a card that captured some of those happy summer memories. For this card, I chose the Sunflower Grunge stamp set.
to make this card.
I wanted to give the card a slightly retro, summery feel, so I used kraft card and my Prismacolor pencils. I repeat stamped the Sunflower head around the edge of the card in dark brown ink and clear heat embossed the images. I stamped a single sunflower with leaves in the centre. I also stamped the sentiment at the top (seen in later photos)
I selected my pencils
and then started adding the colour.
I used the lightest yellows first and moved up through the shades then blended in some orange.
I also added some white highlights.
Once I had coloured all the flower heads I added shades of green to the leaves using the same process.
I matted the finished card front onto a piece of yellow card and then a kraft card blank. I added some sequins as a finishing touch.
Here is it again
with a close up
and 1 final shot.
The finished card really does remind me of those oh-so-sunny summer days of 2026 – a little bit of sunshine captured on a card! 🌻☀️
Back soon… and, shhh, there’s a new release in the pipeline! 👀
Jane x











No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.
To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.
Jane x