Wednesday 25 April 2018

1st birthday celebrations

On Saturday we celebrated our darling grandson Jack's first birthday. It was such a lovely family occasion, it's always so good to all get together and the birthday boy was the star of the show sporting his new Cath Kidston shirt.


As always I am on cake making duty and as Jack is far to young to have a favourite charactor my daughter thought it would be fun to make something with tools on. His favourite toy is a wooden tool bench with tools which have fun faces. So out came my my fondant icing and my cake decorating equipment and I started to make the tools and some bright stars for decorations.
I made a personalized red tool box out of icing as a focal and to sit a few of the tools in. 
I made everything from saws to pliers, files, spanners and screwdrivers and added fun little eyes to everything. 
Here is the completed cake which I then had to carefully transport to the party.

Jack adores a little rainbow zebra charm my Hb bought me for Christmas and will take any opportunity to try to grab it from Nanna. 
 and yes bless him he was sporting a black eye from a birthday fall poor lad! 
Here is the cake in place with my daughter and Daisy's lovely cupcakes in the background.
And this is Jack with Mummy, Daddy and Daisy getting some help blowing out his very 1st birthday candle.
There was even time at the party for him to ride his little wooden trike around
and to enjoy his first ever piece of Nanna's birthday cake.
My card today is obviously his birthday card I made.
 I used one of my fave baby stamps made by the sadly no longer trading Ladybug Crafts Ink. I'm sure my friend Kerry will smile when she sees it. I coloured it with Promarkers and decoupaged the baby and duck.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Passion for Promarkers celebrations
That's Crafty 2/3 circles
Crafty Catz 2/3 anything goes
Love to craft 2/3 anything goes
The ribbon girl 2/3 anything goes
Lil patch of crafty friends 2/3 anything goes
Simon says stamp Wednesday sparkle and shine
Crafty Hazelnut's patterned paper challenge anything goes

Thanks so much for stopping by today and happy Wednesday. Our hot weather has been and gone but it's so good to have days which are so light and cheery. We are racing through April now, just 5 days left!

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x



11 comments:

  1. Awww, what a sweet card! Love that image and those die cut giraffes are so precious! Your cake is incredible, I can't believe all the amazing pieces you created with the fondant! Handsome little Jack, can't believe it's been a year already! sending hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh what a brilliant day Jack had. I love his cake what a clever Nanna!!! His card is ace as well, Thanks for joining in on Passion for Promarkers this week, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful memories you made that day...super cake and card...and a wonderful family gathering. Lovely pics Jane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a year already!! the cake looks fantastic, bet it tasted wonderful, and his card is gorgeous (as is he!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awe Jane what a fabulous cake...so much work and detail, I love all the little eyes, just brilliant!! So glad the little man had a wonderful birthday, such a beautiful boy, he has done so well!
    And of course it goes without saying his card is fantastic!!
    Enjoy the rest of the week my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - thanks for sharing with us this week at the Crafty Catz Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cake is amazing .🎂 good job and Jack is adorable! Our youngest granddaughter turns 2 next month. So fun to watch them grow. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos of your grandson, cake and family :-) Thanks for joining in with the April 'Anything Goes' challenge at The Ribbon Girl, best of luck, Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow love your card Jane, adorable image and your added details and bright colours are stunning
    Thanks for joining in my theme this week at PFP 😁

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a joyful celebration with lots of happy memories to store for years to come. A beautiful card creation Thank you for sharing over at That's Crafty & a belated Happy 1st Birthday to the little one.
    Tracey DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x