Thursday 19 April 2018

The start of outdoors crafting

Wow the last few days have been just glorious, the temperature peaked at 28c in my sunny sheltered garden yesterday and today.
It was also time to open the blinds of my garden studio for the first time since last year.
I decided to embark on clearing up the garden and also spring cleaning my garden studio ready for my outside crafting season. I do love working outside. This is as clean and as tidy as you will see my desk until this time next year.

I like to give my workbench, loving handcrafted by my dear Dad, a good lick of teak oil.
It seems to suck the oil in with huge satisfaction.
I love all the imperfections the bench has.
Once upon a time it was a lab workbench in the firm where my Dad worked as a biochemist until the 1980s.
It's a living peace of history where I enjoy being creative at.
My card today is one for Dotty's Tearooms. It's another wedding card as these are selling like hotcakes at the moment
The image is a Lili of the Valley simply print and the stamped sentiment also LOTV. Backing papers are by Craft Consortium. I added some sequin bling and also some sparkly gel pen to the bride's headdress and bouquet.
I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;

Simon says stamp Sparkle and Shine
Die's R Us springtime
Crafteezee Spring
The ribbon girl 1/3 anything goes
Lil patch of crafty friends 1/3 anything goes
Moving along with the times 1/3 springtime
Crafting from the heart 1/3 anything goes

Have a great evening, the heat is staying here tomorrow but we are heading for slightly cooler, but still lovely, weather for the weekend.

Thanks for stopping by.

Bye for now,

Jane x



14 comments:

  1. Oh Jane ... I just love, love, love your outside work table and how awesome that it was one Dad's ... wish I had sometime like that of my father's ... you are blessed! Your card is beautiful and I love the design! Thanks for sharing and Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Springtime’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden tidies up beautifully! And I love that desk and it's history and that your dad made it for you. That's really special. Your card is delightful and some lucky person is sure to enjoy it and save it forever! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane
    Very pretty wedding card.
    Thanks for joining in at MAWTT.
    Best wishes.
    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that your desk has so much history and meaning for you.
    Such a pretty wedding card too, love the image!
    We too had a lovely day and its set to stay ok until Sunday...fingers crossed.
    Have a great weekend my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything looks so lovely! I love old things too-especially when they're part of family history!

    Glad to see Billy is enjoying the Spring sunshine!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card Jane! And how lovely that you can enjoy crafting at your special desk again....so many happy memories for you. The sunny weather has been amazing....hope it stays around a lot longer! Happy weekend xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card celebrating such a special occasion. I'm so glad you linked up to the DRU "Springtime" challenge. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful wedding card with pretty details! Love your outside work space and gardens are beautiful, I could sit thee all day! thank you for joining our challenge at Dies R Us!
    Diane DRU DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can see why your cards are selling like hotcakes. Very pretty! How wonderful for you to have so much history with your work table. May you keep making pretty cards on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the background on your beautiful design. Thank you for sharing it with us at Dies R Us Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DRU DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and thanks for sharing the background to your workbench. thanks for joining in with The Ribbon Girl April 'anything goes' challenge, best of luck! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello… Thanks for sharing your lovely project with Moving Along with the Times Challenge Blog; it fits perfectly with our ‘Springtime’ challenge theme. Hope you can join us again very soon.
    Diane Louise (DT member) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card. Love the background behind the lovely image. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch Of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous and love that image! Again, thanks for joining us at Noor! Design UK! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x