Wednesday 27 June 2018

My WI papercrafting journey

Last month I was delight to be invited back to my Mum's Womens' Institute (WI) group as their guest speaker at their AGM. I spoke there 2 years ago about my handmade jewellery and if you missed that post you can see it here. This time I was asked to speak about my papercrafting and I called my talk "My papercrafting journey"
When I was preparing for my talk I was intrigued to see how my papercrafting journey has evolved over the years especially since I retired from physiotherapy. How could I have possible known over 25 years ago when I bought my first stamp that I would be on 3 design teams having  my work on TV and published in several magazines?
Here are a couple of photos from this lovely afternoon.
I asked the ladies to give me a wave before I started

and they were kind enough to clap me at the end

and of course the afternoon had to feature handmade cake, tea
and lots of friendly chat.
I took along lots of projects, from cards to my scrap books and of course Jane's Journal! I gave Dotty's Teahouse a mention as Pett's Wood is not too far away for a visit. 
They even had a write up of my talk in their monthly newsletter which was so kind.

My card today is a new wedding card sale at Dotty's Teahouse as wedding season is in full swing.


I used a Lili of the Valley simply print digi and added lots of white and shimmer white summery die cuts. The stamp is Lili of the Valley and the butterfly is a Visible Image stamp which I have embossed and watercoloured. 

Crafty Catz 3/3 anything goes
Pixie's snippets playground #329
As you like it 3/3 favourite type of embossing and why for this card is it embossing using an embossing folder as it gives the perfect white on white background for my die cuts.
Time out 2/3 warm
Simon says stamp Wednesday bright and cheerful
Lil patch of crafty friends 2/3 anything goes
Die cutting Divas 1/3 add a buterfly

Thanks for stopping by and for your kind comments. This glorious weather continues, it feels like I'm in the Med! I'm off out to meet my dearest friend Karen for lunch and a catch up soon...let's hope the cafe has air con! 

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

14 comments:

  1. Awe isn't it great that an organisation like the WI is still relevant today!
    Love that pretty wedding card.
    It's hot, hot, hot...you're right it does feel like the Med!
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Thanks so much for playing with us at Die Cuttin Divas. Hope to see you again soon :)

    michelle (Die Cuttin Divas DT)
    Purple Monkey Moments

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Jane :-) the image is super cute and I love the pearlised embossed background and die cuts, the whole design is so pretty :-)

    I am sure the ladies loved your talk! I wonder how many of them caught your cardmaking bug!!

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Jane - just perfection in every way! That's one of my favourite LOTV images - I bet it was snapped up right away.

    What fun to see the WI and how things have changed. Years ago when I first lived in Darras Hall (oop North and frightfully posh) I decided to go to one of their meetings. Thankfully the village hall had glass windows in the double doors leading into the hall itself - I stood on tiptoes for a peek and spotted suits, pearls and even a couple of hats .... and turned tail and fled never to return! Even our local Branch here is a bit toffy nosed - the crowd at your Mum's WI look normal! And well done on being asked back to speak again. Spread the word girl!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello...nice to see WI's still going as it gives a good community spirit. Lovely card, very pretty. thanks for playing along with our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ x Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice of you to present such a nice program for your mum's WI group! Was that your Mum standing up in the crowd? No doubt proud of her talented and famous daughter! Good job! That wedding card is stunning. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Pretty! What a lovely and Elegant Wedding card.. the butterfly is a nice touch... Thanks for playing along with us over at Die Cuttin Diva's!

    Theresa (DCD DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jane your card is stunning. This will be a keepsake for the bride and groom, for sure.Thanks for joining us at the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges for our latest challenge.  {Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenges}Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful wedding card with such romantic feel -I love all your die cut details and the layered white on white look. Thanks for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is absolutely gorgeous, with so many beautiful details. Thank you so much for joining us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely wedding card. Love the sheen on the embossed base, and all the wonderful detail. Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous wedding card Jane, beautifully done. Thanks for entering Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck and hope to see you again.
    Denise (Owner of LPOCF)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pictures! Looks like an absolutely wonderful day.

    your card is so elegant and beautiful!
    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful wedding card. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x