Tuesday 17 January 2017

Wintery walks

As the weekend was such a washout and it was mostly spent indoors I thought I would share the last of my photos of my recent walks when Bear came to stay. A lot of our many walks with Bear were on very cold but gorgeous blue sky days.  I shared our walk to the woods here .One day we walked to Carew Manor through Beddington Park and I snapped a  few photos of the beautiful church too.





We have such wonderful historical buildings in our area, Carew Manor dates back to King Henry V111 time and is now a school for children with special needs.
On the way home we even spotted a white heron



It might look warm in these photos but believe me it was freezing and as the sun went down the frost returned.

My project today is a nature inspired one. It's a birthday money holder I made, inspired by the wildlife we saw and these awesome greens and blues from our walk. I got inky with some distress inks and added lots of layers of stamps.
 These birds looked very chilled out sitting there.
 I used lots of circular date Crafty Individuals rubber stamps too.. below shows the inside.

It was made for the following challenges;

Allsorts wings on things my birds have plenty!
A vintage journey going round in circles I used lots of circular postage rubber stamps on my wallet.
Everybody art anything goes #394
Moving along with the times 1/3 something in the air.
Let's craft and create 1/3  things with wings
Simon says stamp Monday chill out  my birds on the line are totally chilled out, as we were on our walk.
A bit more time to craft 2/3 anything goes
The ribbon girls 1/3 any image
Craft Heaven 2/3 winter blues
Happy Little stampers mixed media layers I have given the appearance of layers by layering my stamps using different inks.
We love to create 2/2 anything goes mixed media
Crafty catz add ribbon

Thanks for stopping by today and for your kind comments. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

21 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bird........nothing like a good walk, I find you soon warm up once you get going.
    Beautiful money wallet Jane, love the colours.
    Happy Tuesday my dear,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Jane! I could send you some snow, lol.
    Thank you for sharing over at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card thanks for joining us at Allsorts and MAWTT too, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely winter walk...and such an amazing bird! Your money wallet is a gorgeous design...love the textures and the colours. Have a great week and keep cosy Jane.
    Helen xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. The money holder is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colours and gorgeous background. Wonderful pics too. Thank you for sharing with us at the Ribbon Girl, good luck and I hope you will join us again.
    Hugs
    Gina xx
    http://www.ribbongirl.co.uk/catalog/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, right on the doorstep. Your money holder is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really lovely money holder and a fabulous background and really like the row of birds.
    Thank you for joining our 'Wings on Things' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  8. The heron almost is saying.."You looking at me?" :) What a beautiful area to go walking in and love the history. I love your money holder because it also has history on it with the stamps you used. Love the look

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I can how you would be inspired by that walk, everything looks so beautiful! I am in love with your bird pics, what a stunning creature to get to see in real life! Your money wallet is fantastic, so many wonderful blues and greens. I love the postal stamp-stamps, looks like it's been around the world and back! Have a lovely week Jane, thinking of you. hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello dear Jane,

    Beautiful photos. It's funny, I was just thinking "oh, it warmed up quickly" when I read about the freezing temperatures. Still, your grass stays so green, it must help, having all that beautiful vegetation around...you are blessed with gorgeous historical buildings, something I miss a lot where we live. Your Nature-inspired money holder looks marvelous!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely, Jane, simply lovely, both your wintry walk photos and your money gift holder! Love the colors of nature!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jane, your photos are beautiful! and I am jealous that your winter walks have green grass! Lovely money holder, beautiful colors and images! I am so happy you have joined us this week for our Chill Out challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never seen a white Heron. We have grey herons and Blue Herons here. Thanks for the chance to see a white one!

    Your money Holder is lovely...lovely and inky and full of stamped images!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You certainly were inspired Jane because the money wallet is packed with the colours of nature, I love the wonderful background you created, it is truly beautiful. Your photos are lovely too, especially the white heron, he/she is fabulous!

    Thanks so much for joining in our 'Going Round In Circles' challenge at A Vintage Journey. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful pictures, I can't imagine what it would be like to walk by such beautiful and historic buildings.
    Your money holder is very attractive!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This multi-layered stamping project is awesome, Jane. I also enjoyed seeing so many beautiful scenery photos. Thanks for playing with us at Happy Little Stampers Mixed Media Challenge again this month. Hope to see you next month. Helen Liu, HLSMM DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous idea. I love the Ve everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Let's Craft and Create. Jonnece DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card almost missed it TFS Let's craft and Create ............Lis

    ReplyDelete
  19. An here's another fab make..
    A money holder is a great gift idea for sure and I just love how you built that backgrund.. Well done!
    Thank you once again for joining our Craft Heaven Shop challenge!
    See ya until the next one!
    Hugs, Tina (owner and operator at Craft Heaven Shop)
    Craft Heaven Shop

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the inspiration and the colours .....its a beautiful project.
    Thankyou for joining us at HLS Mixed Media Challenge ....All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great nature photographs, and fabulous mailart project, Jane. Thanks for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x