Tuesday 17 July 2018

Billy is 10 today!

Today is a very special day..out dearest cat Billy has reached the age of 10....yes my sweet boy celebrates a whole decade of being part of our home and lives. I have dedicated my post today to my furry boy.
 I sorted out a few photos...as a kitten of 6 weeks old, with his sweet pink nose.


His first adventures in the garden
Through the early early years

 He became my avatar for my blog when I started blogging nearly 8 years ago. This is the photo I still use of him sitting on my studio roof, still a favourite look out post. 
 He often photo bombs!
 One of my talented blogging friends Jane even created a wood print of him, which sits proudly on the shelf above his (he likes to think it is) green chair 

And right up to date; this was him yesterday finding some shade in the garden during our heatwave.
He hosts my blogs at certain times of the year too..most recently my Christmas in July post
I have made lots of cards and projects based on him, these are my faves using my favourite cat stamp set, Curious cats by Visible Image
Billy in the garden (with his real life friend and visitor Blackie)
 Billy in his box
and Billy's fence
So my card today is made with the same set..I have made several versions of this over the years as they sell so well at Dotty's Teahouse. It is made with distress inks. I pinked his nose with pen and added glossy accents to his eyes.


I would like to enter it into the following challenges;

Fashionable stamping 3/3 use those inks any way you want to
Not just cards 3/3 anything goes
Card Mania 5/5 anything goes
The Artistic stamper distress it
A bit more time to craft 1/3 anything goes

So happy birthday to my sweetest dearest cat Billy, here's to reaching your 10th birthday and here's to many, many more. You are such a blessing to us. 


Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x



14 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful birthday Billy, and can I just say you have aged better the last 10 years than anyone else I know! I'm sure Jane will spoil you just a little bit today, and you are a great inspiration for her fab cards. Have a lovely Summer, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe!!! Happy, happy birthday lovely boy!!!
    He is so handsome Jane, you're very lucky to have him!
    Have a great 10th birthday Billy, make sure Jane spoils you rotten today!
    XXXXXXXXXXX 😻

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy snoozes Billy. Your looking good. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to your sweet pussy cat and the cards you made show how much love you have for him. I love the close up look of the pussy car on your cards. Quite sweet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet lad! Have a furry, purr-filled day, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* to Mr. Billy the Cat! Love the card you did. The etching is fabulous.. where did you get that done? ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Billy! He is precious! I am sure you have enjoyed every minute with this gorgeous friend of yours. Hugs, Gloria

    http://purpleglocreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday Billy! You are one cute kitty! Your 'Mum' is such a talented artist, no wonder you inspire her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards! Your cat is so lovely and I wish to Billy Happy birthday too!
    Thank you for playing with us at Card Mania Challenge ! Wish you good luck !
    Hugs, Veana R.-DT
    https://veanar1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww your furry boy looks like a kitten. All the makes are adorable.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsArtwork.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your cards really capture Billy. Thanks for sharing them with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mrrrr, Beautiful card! Thanks for playing with Card Mania Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy birthday to your little kitty. adorable cards. Good luck and thanks for playing along with us at Card Mania Challenge. Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@CMC
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOw lovely ! Again, Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at The Artistic Stamper, wishing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x