Wednesday 8 August 2018

Back to a typical English summer

The 6 week heatwave finally broke overnight and we had some welcome rain. Today is forecast to be sunny again but for the temperatures to be back to near 25c rather than 35c! It really has been a real tropical heatwave here in the south of England. Even yesterday it was 32c in the afternoon.
I have been able to potter around and have left some garden jobs until it is cooler so hopefully I will be able to start them soon.
My walk down to Dotty's teahouse on Monday was delightful as always if very hot this week. What is there not to love about a clear blue sky?
I have noticed that there seem to be lots more ducklings and other baby fowl this year..I think some may have even hatched a second brood, if that is possible.
 The waterfall is always a popular place for the ducks to cool off
 I had to grin at this sign...whatever next!
 People had found shade to have picnics and enjoy our beautiful parkland. 
My card today is one of my newbies for Dotty's and it was inspired by all the wonderful open space I have the pleasure to be surrounded by.. and of course it had to feature a little bird too. 
Friends cards sell well at Dotty's and this stamped sentiment, an oldie from Lili of the Valley, is very popular. The backing papers are ancient from my stash. The dies are a mix of Cheery Lynn, Marianne and memory box. 

I would like to enter my card into the following challenges;
Pixies' snippets playground #332..I used lots of snippets of card for my die cuts. 
As you like it 1/3  fur or feathers mine is feather for this card as I love looking out for all the birds and ducks on my walks to Dotty's...and their offspring are soo cute.  
Emerald Creek Dares 1/3 the great outdoors
Cute card Thursdays anything goes
A bit more time to craft anything goes
Lil patch of crafting friends 1/3 anything goes

Today we are meeting up with my DD and kids and plan a day out. Lots of fun and laughter ahead.
Enjoy your Wednesday too. It's also International Cat day today 😸..so Billy wanted to say hi to everyone too.


Back soon,

Bye for now,

Jane x

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lovely photos, pretty card, and handsome Billy. I too welcome the cooler temperatures xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card...I so like the verse...in fact i might have it somewhere! Good idea stamping on the backing paper too...something i always forget about. Enjoy your day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You southerners are going to freeze in just 25C!!!!
    We never reached those temps, I'll be honest I would have been happy to, bright and sunny here today thankfully but the forecast isn't wonderful. I think when the SE plead for rain, it rolls in off the Atlantic and the NW get it!! So much worrying about grass too, you know what, you can't kill it, it will be back.
    I think the dog ice cream is a brilliant idea.
    Gorgeous little card today and of course Happy International Cat Day to the handsome Billy.
    Have fun with the littles,
    V x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh say hi back to the pussy cat...so sweet. Love your card with the freshness of a summer’s day that is not that hot. I know that heat as we have it here too. I a must also looking at ducks and they are fun to watch on a lazy summer’s day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad your weather has normalized. I'm heading home to Oregon tomorrow and they're having 100 deg. F weather! Eek! Love the duck doings and the wonderful card. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your heat has subsided. Your pictures are lovely as is you wonderful card. Thank you so much for sharing with us at As You Like It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful card Jane - and a great way to use up those background papers as well. We're sure the local sparrows have had two sets of babies this year - our garden is full of little ones! Of course, that means that Len can't prune any bushes as the RSPB say wait until September if there are birds nesting. It's gonna be like a jungle come September - I'll send him in with a machete and a walkie talkie in case he gets lost!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved seeing all your scenic scenes, everything is so beautiful! I'd love to be picnicking in the park or by that waterfall. I had to laugh at the sign for the doggy ice cream-oh my I'm sure the doggy's love it! Your card is so beautiful, just like your scenery. Love the paper and the added floral and bird. Your kitty is so pretty too. Love animals and love his coloring. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment; I really enjoy reading every single one of them.

To comply with the new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) May 2018 I wish to state that any comments left here are with your consent that your name & comment are visible to anyone who visits my blog and that you accept that your personal information is being used for that specific purpose.

Jane x